Mask Required?

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Can someone please clarify, do I wear a mask, or not.

Send us a photo and we will let you know whether you are wearing a mask.

1 minute ago, Carbuncle said:

You've misread it. It actually says the majority of transmission is from individuals not showing symptoms.

It actually states that asymptomatic cases DO NOT drive the transmission quite clearly. Your reading with rose tinted spectacles on.

One for the cult, cases are currently rising in SE Asia with Vietnam and S Korea topping the charts, SK has strict lockdowns, masking (Asian people have always worn masks) and 70% vaccination status, how can this possible?

Very,sharp mister.

You will cut ya self

Carbuncle

Edited by butlers

Guest sibon
13 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I don't really care what you believe, asymptomatic transmission is and always has been absolute rubbish, put out to scare people into conformity (unfortunately its worked).

Seriously, if you don’t know about asymptomatic transmission, your knowledge of virology is about 75 years out of date.

At this point, it is probably ok to remind everyone that you didn’t know anything about bursitis a couple of weeks ago. So you aren’t exactly a medical expert.

14 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I've not read the whole thing due to time but this was the CDC one:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/27/4/20-4576_article

From the link.

""In this cluster of COVID-19 cases, little to no transmission occurred from asymptomatic case-patients. Presymptomatic transmission was more frequent than symptomatic transmission."

Asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic are pretty much one and the same - ie people not displaying symptoms of covid.

Edited by Longcol

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

75 pages of Discussing Masks, and I'm still no wiser...

No.

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

It actually states that asymptomatic cases DO NOT drive the transmission quite clearly. Your reading with rose tinted spectacles on.

You said 'asymptomatic transmission', that is transmission from people who do not have symptoms including presymptomatic individuals.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

From the link.

""In this cluster of COVID-19 cases, little to no transmission occurred from asymptomatic case-patients. Presymptomatic transmission was more frequent than symptomatic transmission."

Asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic are pretty much one and the same - ie people not displaying symproms of covid.

They are not pretty much the same, 4 days before the virus kicks in has been the yardstick since day one, asymptomatic show no symptoms at all, nice try though.

2 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

You said 'asymptomatic transmission', that is transmission from people who do not have symptoms including presymptomatic individuals.

Wrong. I'll say it again the threat of asymptomatic transmission is absolutely minimal.

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

They are not pretty much the same, 4 days before the virus kicks in has been the yardstick since day one, asymptomatic show no symptoms at all, nice try though.

So can you catch covid from people not displaying symptoms in the days when they aren't showing symptoms? 

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, Padders said:

75 pages of Discussing Masks, and I'm still no wiser...

That depends where you are Padders.

In a supermarket or on public transport it’s a big yes. I’ve posted some research about it up there, in between the shouting.

If you are on a Covid ward, don’t bother. Get a properly fitting mask.

Padder’s bar will have to make their own decision.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

So can you catch covid from people not displaying symptoms in the days when they aren't showing symptoms? 

Thats never been in doubt, its not asymptomatic though, chicken pox etc spreads in the same way, you don't get people without developing any later CP symptoms passing it on.

I'll await the apologies.

4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Thats never been in doubt, its not asymptomatic though, chicken pox etc spreads in the same way, you don't get people without developing any later CP symptoms passing it on.

I'll await the apologies.

OK - we'll just use pre-symptomatic in future to describe people with the virus not displaying symptoms.

Happy?