Mask Required?

1 hour ago, butlers said:

Conspiracy theorists' accusations of flag flags amuse me. Apart from the fact they they are always quickly debunked, the number of wrong accusations of false flags so vastly outnumbers the actual numbers of false flags that it's reasonable to automatically assume that any such accusation is wrong unless presented evidence that it isn't.

9 minutes ago, altus said:

Conspiracy theorists' accusations of flag flags amuse me. Apart from the fact they they are always quickly debunked, the number of wrong accusations of false flags so vastly outnumbers the actual numbers of false flags that it's reasonable to automatically assume that any such accusation is wrong unless presented evidence that it isn't.

CT logic is that because Bay of Tomkin (revealed by MSM) was a false flag, every event since (revealed by some bloke under the influence of certain substances on the University of Youtube) is a false flag.

2 hours ago, top4718 said:

For the record I’ve seen people die of many things and have long term illnesses, I don’t think any of them wanted other people’s lives to stop though.

How many do you know dying of a short term illness caused by a virus that wasn't known about two years ago?

Well what a fantastic day we've had. 

Took both kids out, maskless of course and apart from the odd funny look and under the breath muttering we've had no problem at all. 

Pity it won't last as we all know we are heading for another lockdown but for now at least seeing people's faces, smiles etc had been a breath of fresh air 

It happened on the ITN main news not an advert.

The terminally arrogant on this thread know who they are.

For the record I’ve seen people die of many things and have long term illnesses, I don’t think any of them wanted other people’s lives to stop though.

No it’s mostly people over 80 with pre existing conditions that that happens to.

Ah.  So you weren't referring to the Facebook post from STH that I referenced (and someone kindly linked to in the post after mine, as I'm technologically inept sometimes).  You were referring to something else entirely, that wasn't mentioned in your post or in this thread up to that point.

I have also seen many people die of many things, but we're talking about an easily transmissible respiratory virus here.  'Flu season was never this bad...

14 minutes ago, Longcol said:

How many do you know dying of a short term illness caused by a virus that wasn't known about two years ago?

Dead is dead, whether due to long term illness or short term virus, isn't it?

The point he made, which you've entirely evaded, is that the people he is referring to didn't feel entitled to  inflict restrictions on the rest of humanity in an effort to extend their lives.

7 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Dead is dead, whether due to long term illness or short term virus, isn't it?

The point he made, which you've entirely evaded, is that the people he is referring to didn't feel entitled to  inflict restrictions on the rest of humanity in an effort to extend their lives.

The point you missed is all deaths reported by tops were from causes other than covid (unless he's playing silly gotcha games) - causes that have been around for a lot longer than covid. I've not heard reports of anyone dying of covid inflicting restrictions on anyone either.

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

The point you missed is all deaths reported by tops were from causes other than covid (unless he's playing silly gotcha games) - causes that have been around for a lot longer than covid. 

I didn't miss it-  it's just irrelevant. Those people who died from causes other than covid did not feel entitled to  inflict restrictions on the rest of humanity in an effort to extend their lives.

2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Those people who died from causes other than covid did not feel entitled to  inflict restrictions on the rest of humanity in an effort to extend their lives.

Hmmm ...

Speed limits, driving licenses, no driving under the influence, building regulations, gun licenses, restrictions on who can do electrical and gas work, no smoking restrictions, ...

It's amazing the number of infringements of civil liberties we all suffer for the health of others.

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

I didn't miss it-  it's just irrelevant. Those people who died from causes other than covid did not feel entitled to  inflict restrictions on the rest of humanity in an effort to extend their lives.

Neither do people dying from covid.

Tops was referring to someone "encouraging people to get vaccinated" - how is that inflicting restrictions?