Mask Required?

Are we in the least surprised

2 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

And all this because you did not want to say the 99.9%+ was an exaggeration issued in the heat of the moment and for which you had no argument, no data and no source.

If that's your opinion then you are entitled to it. 

Dose not make it accurate, just your opinion. 

1 minute ago, butlers said:

Are we in the least surprised

We? 

The Royal we? 

On 16/07/2021 at 17:46, Becky B said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but hospital admissions are on the rise again. ID wards here are full. 

STH have published a story today from a (fit and well) 25 year old encouraging young people to get vaccinated, as he suffered severe effects (you know, from this virus that only causes mild symptoms unless you have 'underlying conditions'). 'Twas on Facebook so I don't know if I can share it... 

Probably an actor like most of these “patients” in these stories turn out to be.

Not bothered with this thread for a while but I see the terminally arrogant know it all’s are still holding court.

I’ve not really known many people directly with Covid until the last few weeks when a friend of mine contracted it from a trip to the North East and passed it onto his immediate family, I asked him to document his experience which he did, normally I’d share on here but if you don’t toe the party line your dismissed as a liar 🙄 the upshot is they’re all now absolutely fine after a couple of days in bed feeling like crap and with no obvious long term effects at this stage.

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

Probably an actor like most of these “patients” in these stories turn out to be.

Not bothered with this thread for a while but I see the terminally arrogant know it all’s are still holding court.

I’ve not really known many people directly with Covid until the last few weeks when a friend of mine contracted it from a trip to the North East and passed it onto his immediate family, I asked him to document his experience which he did, normally I’d share on here but if you don’t toe the party line your dismissed as a liar 🙄 the upshot is they’re all now absolutely fine after a couple of days in bed feeling like crap and with no obvious long term effects at this stage.

That might happen in adverts but I'm not sure ethically an NHS trust can use an actor.  But if it doesn't suit your view then just ignore it. I'm just sharing information. 

I assume the "terminally arrogant" was directed at me, as you used it quoting my post.  Just shows how wrong you can be when you've never met someone. 

I've had Covid myself, and had very mild symptoms and am fine now.

I have, however, seen many people die with it, and suffer long term effects.  But you don't know them, and haven't seen it yourself, so it can't be true, right? 

18 minutes ago, Becky B said:

I assume the "terminally arrogant" was directed at me, as you used it quoting my post.

I thought the "terminally arrogant" were those who deny/downplay the risks of covid, don't take precautions against it and end up dying with it. ;)

Local Tesco .

18 out of 20 masked.

Behind my sofa: 0 out of 1 masked. I have gone down with a bad case of arrogance ... thankfully over 99.9% survive this condition so I am not expecting it to be terminal.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

I've been out and about today. I'd say over half of the people I've seen in shops and the supermarket are still wearing masks.  I wore my mask in the shops I entered. One shop I entered  which wasn't busy the two members of staff put on their masks when I walked in.  Even those who weren't wearing masks in the shops I visited were following social distance advice.  Hopefully the vast majority will use common sense in deciding when and when not to wear a mask.

Amen to that  brother .  Had same experience myself.  Come on people its easy to be careful .

54 minutes ago, altus said:

I thought the "terminally arrogant" were those who deny/downplay the risks of covid, don't take precautions against it and end up dying with it. ;)

🙂🙃

1 hour ago, Becky B said:

That might happen in adverts but I'm not sure ethically an NHS trust can use an actor.  But if it doesn't suit your view then just ignore it. I'm just sharing information. 

I assume the "terminally arrogant" was directed at me, as you used it quoting my post.  Just shows how wrong you can be when you've never met someone. 

I've had Covid myself, and had very mild symptoms and am fine now.

I have, however, seen many people die with it, and suffer long term effects.  But you don't know them, and haven't seen it yourself, so it can't be true, right? 

It happened on the ITN main news not an advert.

The terminally arrogant on this thread know who they are.

For the record I’ve seen people die of many things and have long term illnesses, I don’t think any of them wanted other people’s lives to stop though.

1 hour ago, altus said:

No it’s mostly people over 80 with pre existing conditions that that happens to.

4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

No it’s mostly people over 80 with pre existing conditions that that happens to.

I'm sure you're just about to explain why you think the term "terminally arrogant" applies to those over 80 with pre-existing conditions.