Mask Required?

I am always surprised the sample size is so small , across most polling companies.

I was trying to find the sample size, but I guess the fact it's representative of the population is more important.

Wonder if 16 is the point where children can consent to answer the poll.

Edited by butlers
Sp

27 minutes ago, sibon said:
53 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

suppose it depends on who the pollsters asked, selective probably?

I think they asked a cross section of human beings.

Just human beings? I always wonder whether they might sometimes include a few 'borderline cases' by mistake.

5 hours ago, ab6262 said:

what are you on? Lobbiers?? oh you mean the vast majority who want to see these farcical masks and restrictions removed?

this freedom and right to live is what runs the country its called the economy and its teetering right now.

fine all those that are scared and fearful stay in wear your masks to bed if you like but check under the bed before sleep in case the bogey covid man is there?

Totally irrational.

I don’t think I hat I have had a single day in and confined to isolation,and nor do I wear a mask other than when shopping.

If I used public transport or was employed in a crowded workplace I would wear a mask.

The economy is teetering largely because of poor guidance from our leaders.

Mandatory use of masks is relaxed BUT they would like people to continue to use them because of the high and rising  infection rate of the current strain,to be followed by probable problems with the more common winter viruses.

The effect on the NHS will be considerable and partly self inflicted

I will continue to socially distance and wear a mask when I think it makes sense.

Meanwhile I’m off on holiday to the Dales and hope to meet a lot of friendly and sensible people who are on the same as I am.

18 minutes ago, butlers said:

.....Wonder if 16 is the point where children can consent to answer the poll.

Not sure to be honest but to reflect on it they do have the right to agree to have a vaccination despite the parents wishes, so that may be a factor.

Guest sibon
22 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Just human beings? I always wonder whether they might sometimes include a few 'borderline cases' by mistake.

It’s a spectrum ..,

4 hours ago, butlers said:

And if course the recent polling saw 70 plus per cent say they were going to continue to use a mask in appropriate circumstances.

So no problem then, if such a majority will continue to mask when it isn't compulsory.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

The economy is teetering largely because of poor guidance from our leaders.

Nothing to do with being crippled by only having a fraction of previous custom able to acess the business then? Nothing to do with huge swathes of staff off sick despite not being infected but unable to work due to being in a particular 'bubble' where someone tested positive [using tests which give large numbers of false positives]?

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

So no problem then, if such a majority will continue to mask when it isn't compulsory.

Nothing to do with being crippled by only having a fraction of previous custom able to acess the business then? Nothing to do with huge swathes of staff off sick despite not being infected but unable to work due to being in a particular 'bubble' where someone tested positive [using tests which give large numbers of false positives]?

You are wasting your time. Some people don't want to listen. 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but hospital admissions are on the rise again. ID wards here are full. 

STH have published a story today from a (fit and well) 25 year old encouraging young people to get vaccinated, as he suffered severe effects (you know, from this virus that only causes mild symptoms unless you have 'underlying conditions'). 'Twas on Facebook so I don't know if I can share it... 

57 minutes ago, Becky B said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but hospital admissions are on the rise again. ID wards here are full. 

STH have published a story today from a (fit and well) 25 year old encouraging young people to get vaccinated, as he suffered severe effects (you know, from this virus that only causes mild symptoms unless you have 'underlying conditions'). 'Twas on Facebook so I don't know if I can share it... 

More scaremongering. No one has ever denied that some young people with no diagnosed underlying conditions won't suffer from covid.

But it is rare- even the article this comes from states '“All of us who went out for the meal got it. We were all aged 25-28 with no underlying conditions, but I seemed to get it really badly, the doctors said I had every symptom."

i.e. everyone else in the group got covid and didn't end up in hospital.

Then consider that there is zero evidence this person didn't actually have  undiagnosed underlying conditions- when he says '“I would consider myself to be fairly fit,' and the article says 'James, who has no underlying health conditions and runs, plays football and goes to the gym....' we see the common error of confusing fitness with health. 

It is not uncommon to be extremely fit and not in good health, hence the  incidence of 'really fit' individuals dropping dead of a heart attack while running/lifting/playing football/squash.

I'm tired of seeing references to this tiny minority of 'young with no underlying health conditions' being brought up, with no evidence of, or even mention of, the possibility of them having had undiagnosed underlying conditions.

Edited by onewheeldave