Possible Suicide Between 1995-2004 Wicker?waingate area

Hi

Its not a nice subject but I am asking if any one remembers a possible suicide near Lady's Bridge , Waingate, Tap and Spile pub Sheffield. This was around 20 years ago and its something I have just thought about recently so i am thinking did it really happen ?, have I dreamt it?.

I feel i was a witness as the more I remember the more details come to mind. I was coming home after a night out and I remember going through the Wicker in a Taxi which was a usual route. It would be early morning and looking out the window I saw some one in the distance on a  roof I seem to think it was on a building near lady's bridge or even the pub the "Tap and Spile" old name Bull and Mouth. I spoke to the taxi driver and he had seen this person we thought it must be a workman  but it was very early in the morning, then as if in slow motion the person just fell or jumped.

The Taxi continued and I even remember a Policeman saying to us through the Taxi window someone had jumped "don't look that way" I feel it was to  the left and a road that is near the river at lady's bridge. We certainly had no intention of looking  and the Taxi took me home. I saw nothing else thankfully just this person fall/jump  and for only a couple of seconds as the rest was obscured by another building. I am sure its not a dream. I have even contacted the local police who couldn't tell me anything and who suggested checking online but I can't find any reference to it. I  even remember going in to work at a place i  left in 2004 to tell them what id seen and later in the day somebody saying it was  "in the paper" a woman who was a psychiatric patient. Can't find anything from The Sheffield Star Online. It must have happened in the late 90s' to 2004 when I left that place of work. I wasn't traumatised just a  bit shocked but suddenly remember it and it being so obscured I am now thinking has my memory made it up. I am sure though I saw this incident. There are too many details. I am hoping someone remembers and corroborates it for me . If not I will just have to leave it without being 100% sure it actually happened,

why not ask at the pub or carpet shop nearby,only a suggestion

Hi, around the time you mention and in the same area a burglar fell of a roof and died.  Its a vague memory but he was possibly being pursued by the police and fell. Does anyone else remember this incident?

Edited by only_me