Just read a thread on google news ,local news section, about the track that runs from Neepsend lane through to Wardsend Cemetary, there area a  group of people cleaning it up getting rid of rubbish etc, but nothing waas said about the so called travellers that are ensconced on a BURRIAL Ground  further up this road called WARDSEND CEMETARY, this is the last resting place for a lot of Sheffielders killed in the great flood.These people have made nothing but a toilet of this lovely walk along the river Don  i URGE all people who are interested in cleaning this road up to go and see what a complerte s------- these people have made of it, its about time Sheffield Council dragged them off this beautiful walk and put it back to what it was, a nice peaceful plce to be, it is also quite intimidating to walk through it, if you do walk there be careful.

I've been through the camp a couple of times lately and the people are nice and friendly. They didn't seem to be encroaching on the graveyard. I think your comments are rather hysterical.

The long stretch that they're occupying is rather off-putting at first sight (and very much an eye-sore), but the people were friendly enough / "neutral" when I walked through one Sunday morning a couple of months ago.

I understand there are plans to make this more of an "official" cycle/walking route so it will be interesting to see what happens then (if these plans ever come to fruition that is).

I work on Club Mill Rd and a couple of my colleagues walk past this camp every day from Hillsborough to work and neither have had any problems with the camp residents.

i believe these are the people that were "moved"  on from the new age travellers camp on the parkwood a while ago ? 

Yes, they are. One of the camp's dogs, a lovely staffy, has worked out when we have our break and comes down scrounging a bit of bacon or sausage. She then goes to the sandwich cabin for more freebies.