Hi All, here is a warning for anyone who has used or may use WISH.COM for any purchases in the future.

Last year i bought some items via Wish.com and all arrived ok with no problems.

Since then i hadn't used the account up until today...

I decided to login  today to buy something and found that someone from Bulgaria was using my email address..

Very unhappy that WISH.com and not notified me that my account had been hacked.

Here is a lesson to be learnt, if you use a website to buy anything and then don't use it for sometime,

make sure you keep logging in on a regular basis to check all is ok and no-one has hacked your account.

It does make you wonder why GOOGLE allow companies like wish.com to freely advertise on googles first pages of searches..

It just goes to show that GOOGLE are only interested in earning commission from pay per click adverts, rather than preventing unsuspecting buyers from buying dodgy goods...

Even the SHEFFIELD FORUM should consider their advertising policy and having google ads on their website to generate income.

Even while i am writing this and viewing the forum pages i am seeing adverts for Light in the box which is another Chinese website that sells dodgy goods...

Edited by alandrea0
spelling mistake and more info

4 hours ago, alandrea0 said:

Hi All, here is a warning for anyone who has used or may use WISH.COM for any purchases in the future.

Last year i bought some items via Wish.com and all arrived ok with no problems.

Since then i hadn't used the account up until today...

I decided to login  today to buy something and found that someone from Bulgaria was using my email address..

Very unhappy that WISH.com and not notified me that my account had been hacked.

Here is a lesson to be learnt, if you use a website to buy anything and then don't use it for sometime,

make sure you keep logging in on a regular basis to check all is ok and no-one has hacked your account.

how did you know somebody in Bulgaria was using your email, did it come up with a Bulgarian address? I am asking because I have an account with them with I haven't used for a while.

How would wish.com know your account had been “hacked”? You could say the same about any website or online account ever, including SheffieldForum…

2 Factor Authentication should be enabled wherever possible along with a sensible password policy.

As for what they sell, why should google be responsible for what you purchase? Wish.com sell thousands of items from all different sources, as do many online websites. Its up to you to determine whether its a good purchase.

11 hours ago, kidley said:

how did you know somebody in Bulgaria was using your email, did it come up with a Bulgarian address? I am asking because I have an account with them with I haven't used for a while.

When i got into my account I found evidence that the hacker was using bulgarian lev currency.

I wonder what benefit the hacker got from using your email to pay in his/her own money, not a very good hacker if you ask me.