Former Natwest Building, Broomhill

What’s this going to be? Hopefully some kind of cafe/bar with a nice outdoor area.

But could be something dull like a dentists or flats.

My understanding is that the current work is concerned with refurbishment of office space and that there has been no application for change of use.

Shame if so. Great location, nice building and garden.

In Buckley, all 4 Banks have shut for good.  One is now a cafe, the other 3 lie empty. We have plenty of charity shops although Claire House has gone as has its shop in nearby Mold. In Buckley, Costa Coffee has shut and for a town with a population of 18000, apart from Supermarkets, Hairdressers, nail bars, betting shops and tattoo parlours, there's not much joy in shopping.

On 16/06/2021 at 15:29, Bilge said:

Shame if so. Great location, nice building and garden.

I think pre-virus, this could potentially be an amazing choice as you suggested.

In the current climate, I think is too risky, too expensive. 

Shame. I like the idea. Great gardens, and big inside too for winter. 

Ideal location to meet many markets. Open early, nice breakfasts - students/workers/professionals. Plenty of people in the area for lunch trade, and equally in the evening. 

I think even other pubs in the area would like it too. More choice brings more people from other areas (think Kelham Island/Ecc Rd etc.)

-

On a side note, I stupidly put LBC on recently, and someone on there was complaining about government policy on travel... and they went on to say, they lost their job during lockdown (like many) - and he decided to set up a travel agency, and he was struggling to get it going because of internation trvale restrictions.... I thought to myself, really, some people just don't get it. 

Edited by *_ash_*
added and typos

Guest busdriver1
6 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

On a side note, I stupidly put LBC on recently, and someone on there was complaining about government policy on travel... and they went on to say, they lost their job during lockdown (like many) - and he decided to set up a travel agency, and he was struggling to get it going because of internation trvale restrictions.... I thought to myself, really, some people just don't get it. 

I listen to LBC quite a lot. I think they often put calls to air for their entertainment value rather than anything they might bring to the discussion. 

😁😁