Jump to content


Five Blades Academy Products In Euros.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

He stayed for 10 years at Man City I'm sure he didn't spend those years with Man Citys excellent backroon staff tutting and saying how small he looks, you had a finished academy product gave him a first team chance then hardly played him.

You haven't a clue what you're talking about, how can he be a finished academy product when he played for our adademy?.

I think Brooks himself knows more about than your green tinged opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our young uns won their lge if i remember correctly so i'm sure there must be a new crop coming through the ranks fingers crossed!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

You haven't a clue what you're talking about, how can he be a finished academy product when he played for our adademy?.

I think Brooks himself knows more about than your green tinged opinion.

Many teams sign academy players from other clubs with a view to keeping a closer eye on them and hopefully giving them a contract, Osaze Urhoghide was a youth player with Hounslow and Wimbledon before he came to SWFC if he moves on in the close season (which he will) I'd never call him an SWFC academy product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, top4718 said:

Many teams sign academy players from other clubs with a view to keeping a closer eye on them and hopefully giving them a contract, Osaze Urhoghide was a youth player with Hounslow and Wimbledon before he came to SWFC if he moves on in the close season (which he will) I'd never call him an SWFC academy product.

Here you are and look for the word product or produced.

 

David Brooks recovered from Man City rejection to become a Premier League star at Bournemouth | Football News | Sky Sports

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does any blades on here watch the young uns to tell us who the next ones on the production line could be!!!!

2 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

That's a good read Alex, we brought him on well after being rejected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, monzaman said:

Does any blades on here watch the young uns to tell us who the next ones on the production line could be!!!!

That's a good read Alex, we brought him on well after being rejected.

Developed is the word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

All he's succeeded in doing at your Academy is get older and perhaps bulk up a bit, even this report states his attributes before he came to the Lane, still apart from the 2-4 game you haven't much to shout about so if you want you can have it if you really need it.

 

You'd have to concede then that the other players were England prospects at the clubs they went to after United if you're applying the same logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Developed is the word.

Ok yes we developed him !!!!

 

By the way Alex, I work with leeds fans and the "the day the bouncing stop" video is a big favourite of theirs, they say i bet it was brilliant to watch that.

Edited by monzaman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

All he's succeeded in doing at your Academy is get older and perhaps bulk up a bit, even this report states his attributes before he came to the Lane, still apart from the 2-4 game you haven't much to shout about so if you want you can have it if you really need it.

 

You'd have to concede then that the other players were England prospects at the clubs they went to after United if you're applying the same logic.

"We were trying to produce"

That's what it says and that's what they did with Brooks.

 

10 minutes ago, monzaman said:

Does any blades on here watch the young uns to tell us who the next ones on the production line could be!!!!

That's a good read Alex, we brought him on well after being rejected.

Anyone who reads that article and claims he wasn't a product of United's academy hasn't got a clue what they're talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

"We were trying to produce"

That's what it says and that's what they did with Brooks.

 

Anyone who reads that article and claims he wasn't a product of United's academy hasn't got a clue what they're talking about.

Anyone who doesn't understand the different meanings of the word developed shouldn't be on an English language forum, the article very clearly states that he had lots of attributes but wasn't physically big enough, he PHYSICALLY DEVELOPED with age as many lads do. His skills and attributes were honed in his years at City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, top4718 said:

Anyone who doesn't understand the different meanings of the word developed shouldn't be on an English language forum, the article very clearly states that he had lots of attributes but wasn't physically big enough, he PHYSICALLY DEVELOPED with age as many lads do. His skills and attributes were honed in his years at City.

His skills and game had to be developed to produce a player for league one or the Championship he was trained for a different class of football at Man City who released him as he was not good enough.

Brooks thought it could be all over for him.

You speak of understanding English but clearly can't or just ignore the facts stated in the article.

Give it up you're showing yourself up here Pal.

Here it is again.

 

David Brooks recovered from Man City rejection to become a Premier League star at Bournemouth | Football News | Sky Sports

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, monzaman said:

Ok yes we developed him !!!!

 

By the way Alex, I work with leeds fans and the "the day the bouncing stop" video is a big favourite of theirs, they say i bet it was brilliant to watch that.

A bet they don't wetch that one when we licked em six nowt . Its funny how some on here suddenly love Leeds int it !!!!!!!.

Edited by cuttsie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

X