Five Blades Academy Products In Euros.

9 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Surely Neil taught him everything he knows?

Funny you should say that....

Quote Rob Page.....

Although Jackett and Taylor had an early influence on Page during his early years as a professional, it was current Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock who recognised the leadership qualities in him. “The team spirit that we had in the changing room he created, and the man-management that he had to deal with different players is something that I have taken on board as well. You can't throw a blanket on all the players now, each individual player is totally different."

29 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Alex, I’m surprised you haven’t claimed blades credit for Robert Page’s success, lol.

No doubt they’ll name a stand after him at some point ...🤣

7 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

No doubt they’ll name a stand after him at some point ...🤣

Much better to have the name of someone who knows football rather than some egoistical clown who asks his 12 year old son for advice.

21 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Funny you should say that....

Quote Rob Page.....

Although Jackett and Taylor had an early influence on Page during his early years as a professional, it was current Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock who recognised the leadership qualities in him. “The team spirit that we had in the changing room he created, and the man-management that he had to deal with different players is something that I have taken on board as well. You can't throw a blanket on all the players now, each individual player is totally different."

Nice find. :)

6 minutes ago, Blue Monday said:

Much better to have the name of someone who knows football rather than some egoistical clown who asks his 12 year old son for advice.

Much better I agree...is that why Jessica Ennis had a stand named after her at the Lane ...? 

22 hours ago, top4718 said:

He stayed for 10 years at Man City I'm sure he didn't spend those years with Man Citys excellent backroon staff tutting and saying how small he looks, you had a finished academy product gave him a first team chance then hardly played him.

He was at the club for 2 years before he was given a chance in the first team. 

He was at the club a year before given a professional contract. 

He joined the Sheffield United academy when he came here and is therefore a product of the academy. That can not be disputed as a fact. 

Edited by Robbie Loving

22 hours ago, monzaman said:

By the way Alex, I work with leeds fans and the "the day the bouncing stop" video is a big favourite of theirs, they say i bet it was brilliant to watch that.

Ive got extended family, all leeds fans theyve  enjoyed watching your demise this season WAY more than any video about some 2 goal massacre!

15 minutes ago, Robbie Loving said:

He joined the Sheffield United academy when he came here and is therefore a product of the academy. That can not be disputed as a fact. 

Absolute nonsense, he spent ten years at one of the best run clubs in the country, united bulked him up for L1 and that was it, no more no less.

If your applying the same logic to the other players none of them got into international sides for what they did at United but for what they did after they left so you can scrub them out as well.

24 minutes ago, Robbie Loving said:

100% FACT......

22 hours ago, monzaman said:

Ok yes we developed him !!!!

By the way Alex, I work with leeds fans and the "the day the bouncing stop" video is a big favourite of theirs, they say i bet it was brilliant to watch that.

Comedy gold Pal people mention it regular even decent Wednesday fans find it funny to watch it was like a light switch had turned them off.

49 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Ive got extended family, all leeds fans theyve  enjoyed watching your demise this season WAY more than any video about some 2 goal massacre!

Yep i bet they have but the leeds fans i work with still laugh out loud at that video WAY more than they take the p*ss out of me for last season after all to use their words "it's a classic, how to shut a crowd up in 30 secs"

44 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

100% FACT......

yep, why are some s6 so bitter about this, maybe they should write a letter to the euro organisers telling them why brookes shouldn't be there because of his links to the blades and what upset it's causing them LOL

2 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Much better I agree...is that why Jessica Ennis had a stand named after her at the Lane ...? 

do you know who Jessica Ennis is, just asking because it seems a very stupid question to ask thats all!!!!!

50 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Absolute nonsense, he spent ten years at one of the best run clubs in the country, united bulked him up for L1 and that was it, no more no less.

If your applying the same logic to the other players none of them got into international sides for what they did at United but for what they did after they left so you can scrub them out as well.

Best run clubs? Man City? 

If it wasn't for them sponsoring themselves ridiculous amounts, they would be massively in debt. They're debt free as they are bank rolled - not because of how they are run. 

And quite right, those who are in the international teams, it is because of their form for their current teams. We helped in the past - but they progressed. 

Just like brooks massively progressed in our academy.