M O T New Rules T P M S

4 hours ago, Janus said:

I wonder what the issue is with garages turning work down. Is any special equipment needed?  Maybe it is a time consuming job,or they don't have the specific knowledge. Did they not even  give you a quote? 

Do the main tyre places do it- Kwik fit etc?

Yes ask for a price ow 

8 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

That's exactly how it does work, certainly on my car anyhow. You don't have to go to the dealer if your tyre goes a bit soft.

Mine indicates if the pressure drops by say 4 or 5 psi from target level, so far more sensitive than just for flats that you might feel whilst driving.

hmm. On my car it has come on once due to flat tyre, and twice due to a failing sensor which had to be replaced!

Just now, nightrider said:

hmm. On my car it has come on once due to flat tyre, and twice due to a failing sensor which had to be replaced!

the other 3 sencors will want replacing soon as the batteries in them will want replacing  how muchdid it cost to replace  sencor that had gone

try quick fit,they have been good to me,but they where under guarantee

So who paid and how much.   

13 hours ago, spider1 said:

the other 3 sencors will want replacing soon as the batteries in them will want replacing  how muchdid it cost to replace  sencor that had gone

about £200 (similar price from two different garages). This was for a mini, and I think their parts are more expensive than other brands though.

12 hours ago, bassett one said:

try quick fit,they have been good to me,but they where under guarantee

Yes, have used the one on Penistone road twice and they were good (despite the companies reputation....). 

sorry cannot tell you the cost of most work done by quick fit as it was under motability,but they always have sorted out any problems top class

Make sure it works off sensors first. I have a tyre pressure warning light for over or under, but no sensors, it uses the ABS sensors (I think) over all 4 wheels to work out if the overall pressure is out of spec.