M O T New Rules T P M S

1 hour ago, spider1 said:

Thanks 

Can you receive messages. .???

39 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

I’m sure spare is not testable.

I just checked, and you're right. You learn something new every day! (Or rather you unlearn something old every day).

6 minutes ago, dave_the_m said:

I just checked, and you're right. You learn something new every day! (Or rather you unlearn something old every day).

👍👍👍👍

3 hours ago, Kidorry said:

Isn`t this supposed to be a safety feature and could help save you and your passengers lives?

Yes, it is a safety feature. The manufacturer has had the ability to design this clever gismo. 

However,  imagine on seeing the 'low pressure lights', the driver inflates the tyre (s ), and the dash warning lights go out, all good. Surely the manufacturer could have made the system work that way.

I  feel it  is purposly intended to be a main dealer fix-kerching £££.

6 minutes ago, Janus said:

Yes, it is a safety feature. The manufacturer has had the ability to design this clever gismo. 

However,  imagine on seeing the 'low pressure lights', the driver inflates the tyre (s ), and the dash warning lights go out, all good. Surely the manufacturer could have made the system work that way.

That's exactly how it does work, certainly on my car anyhow. You don't have to go to the dealer if your tyre goes a bit soft.

4 hours ago, geared said:

More of a convenience feature, it's just showing you the tyre pressure.  Saves you getting your hands dirty with a pressure gauge.

It'd notify you if your tyre went flat during a trip, but you should notice something like that while you're driving anyway.

Mine indicates if the pressure drops by say 4 or 5 psi from target level, so far more sensitive than just for flats that you might feel whilst driving.

19 hours ago, spider1 said:

Hi got a fiesta  2015  due m o t      light on dash showing  T P M S    valves need renewing it will fail its test if light on dash.  Dealers want a fortune  to renew valves  can anybody take light off or  know of anybody to replace  tyre valves and stems at reasonable price.  My local tyre place just dont want to know wich is rediculous as its going to be a common thing in the future have the t p m s in tyres after 2015 to warn of low tyres.      Help  

I wonder what the issue is with garages turning work down. Is any special equipment needed?  Maybe it is a time consuming job,or they don't have the specific knowledge. Did they not even  give you a quote? 

Do the main tyre places do it- Kwik fit etc?

9 minutes ago, Janus said:

I wonder what the issue is with garages turning work down. Is any special equipment needed?  Maybe it is a time consuming job,or they don't have the specific knowledge. Did they not even  give you a quote? 

A lot of garage don’t have the diagnostic equipment to read which is the faulty sensor and reset the sensors when they have been changed 

4 hours ago, Janus said:

The only car I've ever had where the warning light for low tyre pressure was activated was a mini. You solved the problem and pressed a button by the handbrake, and - surprise - the light went off. It was especially important on that car as it had run flat tyres.

7 hours ago, dave_the_m said:

Is this one of those MOT things like a spare tyre, where it's not a fail to have a missing spare tyre, but is a failure to have a worn or under-pressure spare tyre (so remove the spare tyre befoe the MOT)?

Essentially yes.

If fitted it needs to work, showing warning lights is a fail.  But if it's not fitted, it's not tested.

i have 3 cars all with this system,where the warning comes on screen and tells you which tyres needs extra inflation,i just inflate to correct setting and the systems sorted,except once and quick fit  on city road sorted it,its normally when the  it gets warmer or colder,but no problem really ,and it keeps you safe.quick fit were superb ,when it didnt rectify itself ,after i had inflated it correctly,but it had not gone off the dash,also no charge top lads.

4 hours ago, Janus said:

Yes some tire places do it bigger ones at £80 a wheel special equipment needed as well as person who knows how to do it .All second hand and big ones no chance they don’t want to know . Best bet if you got a car over 6 years old and it needs new tyres go to Cosco heard they will put you new ones in free if you buy set tires you have to take tire of to do it properly 

14 hours ago, rudds1 said:

Will send you a persons contact details.    Al you do is take fault code out but leave check code in 

Take the bulb out if your really so tight as to risk your own and your passengers safety.