What Is The Problem With Taxi's?

For the last couple of weeks, it has been nigh on impossible to get a taxi. I have City and Uber apps and I have literally been waiting ages for both to either locate a driver or wait and be told no-one is available.

I'm sure it can't be just me with this problem but why is this happening??

Someone suggested all the taxi drivers were off delivering food on Uber Eats/Just Eat etc - do you reckon this is true?

Well not ALL of them but yes it is true that taxi drivers are delivering a lot of takeaways.

theres always a fast delivery from my local kentucky at woodseats by taxi drivers,they work for big macs and loads more

Can't blame them after all meals won't be sick in the taxi, run off without paying verbally or physically abuse the driver and no need for polite conversation

2 hours ago, In Uppers said:

For the last couple of weeks, it has been nigh on impossible to get a taxi. I have City and Uber apps and I have literally been waiting ages for both to either locate a driver or wait and be told no-one is available.

I'm sure it can't be just me with this problem but why is this happening??

Someone suggested all the taxi drivers were off delivering food on Uber Eats/Just Eat etc - do you reckon this is true?

I was wondering this too, seems to be such a long wait for an Uber every time we have tried to book one recently!

Thats probably partially to do with City, I seem to remember they were dead against Uber getting any kind of foothold in Sheffield when they were expanding up from London.

never mind ,stop at home and enjoy a fast food delivery ,in double quick time,get a few beers in and save a fortune,not saying its a good idea every week though,also is there a lower amount of drivers due to covid?

They're normally all parked illegally on Wicker waiting for takeaway orders. 

There have been NUMBEROUS complaints from the bus operators regarding the bus stops being full of illegally parked cars to both the council and the police, who have been nothing but an EMBARRASSMENT to this city for far too long.

12 hours ago, Resident said:

They're normally all parked illegally on Wicker waiting for takeaway orders. 

There have been NUMBEROUS complaints from the bus operators regarding the bus stops being full of illegally parked cars to both the council and the police, who have been nothing but an EMBARRASSMENT to this city for far too long.

I only have NUMBEROUS complaints when I've been to the dentists and even then not really numerous.

The council and police aren't an embarrassment to the city at all, perhaps not perfect,  unless you're a Daily Mail reader. 

I’ve used City Taxis for years. After  acquiring a disability the limitation of space in the rear seats pushed back to facilitate screening has made access/exit difficult. A 

driver told me I shouldn’t be booking taxis if I can’t enter/exit swiftly as the delay costs him money. A relative booked a taxi for 4 but was refused a front seat passenger even though there was only room/seatbelts for 3 in the rear. Another driver told me the screens were to become a permanent fixture for security reasons. If this is the case the company needs to tell disabled people and/or parties of more than 3 people that, at the time of booking, they cannot be accommodated 

By law they're probably not allowed to tell disabled people such a thing.

Unless the person has specific needs that obviously cannot be met by a normal vehicle.