Jump to content


World Student Games- 30yrs!

Recommended Posts

14 July 1991 marked the start of the WSG, my tee-shirt tells me.

What, 30yrs ago? Crumbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And just over 7 years since demolition of the stadium was completed. What an absolute shame! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheffield getting back off the floor , Meadowhall opened the previous Sept.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, butlers said:

Sheffield getting back off the floor , Meadowhall opened the previous Sept.

 

To be honest it wouldn't really bother me if they demolished that place, 🙂 Providing people could find other jobs. I get panic attacks ever time I go there. Families of 4 walking arm in arm. Old ladies pointing at things and nearly taking your eye out, not being able to find a seat in Oasis, smell of Lush (urgh). I'm sure there are other things I've forgot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny enough I went in twice in first 10 years,once as I was dragged along.

It's all a bit zombie netherworld too me, I think it's actually designed into ,shudder, Malls.

I know 2 volunteers from the student games ,nice to have a bit of civic pride.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know when we will finish paying for it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2024

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, butlers said:

Funny enough I went in twice in first 10 years,once as I was dragged along.

It's all a bit zombie netherworld too me, I think it's actually designed into ,shudder, Malls.

I know 2 volunteers from the student games ,nice to have a bit of civic pride.

 

I always say to my missus, it reminds me of the film Dawn of the dead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drolnhoj said:

And just over 7 years since demolition of the stadium was completed. What an absolute shame! 

That was a shame. I really thought that was a missed opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

That was a shame. I really thought that was a missed opportunity.

It was a disgrace really - the Olympic legacy - Jessica Ennis’ training ground getting razed  to ground straight after  / thanks for that…..

 

glad summat got built down their quickly though - think Richard caborn has to take credit for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they even still hold the event these days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

X