Evening all. So can anyone please help and give me an honest opinion about the area Treeton Rotheram. I have found a house which could be ideal for my family. I am not from the area at all and do not know what Rotheram is like. I have a few friends and family in Sheffield who have warned me that Treeton is a no go place for people of Asian heritage. When one friend said it I thought they were exaggerating but then someone else and then another. Why would they have this opinion. The house is on station road near a lovely church. I really do not know what to do for the best. Can anyone help me out please. 

I remember a similar post some weeks back about Treeton which may be of interest to you in addition to any new replies you get from this. A search in the box top right of this should take you there. 

Edited by silverglade5
Additional text added

Parveen - I have never lived in Treeton so don’t know it particularly well. It is one of a number of ex mining villages in Rotherham. AFAIK none of them are known for ethnic diversity so if you moved there you would be living in a predominantly white area.  That is not to say that you would not be welcome. I checked recent crime figures and couldn’t find any racially motivated ones.  The area has benefits - nice country walks, not overcrowded and close to amenities. 

There are a number of Facebook groups for Treeton and having checked, I see that there is an Online meeting with police  this coming Friday. As they work in the community there you could get detailed information from them.  Also, walking around and visiting shops can be useful.

If you would like to move to Rotherham but would prefer to reside in a predominantly Asian community, the areas close to the town centre and hospital are worth looking at - Broom, Broom Valley, Clifton, Masborough, Moorgate, Wellgate. 

I hope that someone comes along who can give you more of a personal perspective. If you do move to Treeton, I hope that you and your family  will be happy there.