Dronfield Woodhouse - A Friendly Place To Live?

Hi

A ridiculous title granted but I thought SF is a good place to gather opinion!

I live in and love Sheffield and am trying to move my 76 old Indian born (but living in the UK since 1966)  mum up.

I'm trying to lure her away from her southern home comforts to be closer to me as she needs increasing care.

Dronfield Woodhouse is very similar in look and feel (new village as opposed to new town) to where she currently lives so I'm sure she would love it.

I personally know nothing about the area as have just google mapped it and drove around once.

I was wondering if I can recommend Dronfield Woodhouse as a place she would be comfortable and fit in?

best wishes (feel free to DM me if easier)

n

Edited by n1972
typo

A very nice area, however your mother isn’t about to walk to the local shop, decent bus service, close to the Peak District, rail stations at Dore/Totley and Dronfield, 

I'd note that it is a large village in north east derbyshire not part of sheffield. How best to put it - attitudes might be much different in one place than another.

6 hours ago, FoxLady said:

It has a reputation of being a bit "clicky".

To coin a oft-used phrase, if her face fits, she'd be fine.

That’s the same everywhere, the minute that you hear those immortal words “were good neighbours”, you know that you have just met the self appointed ‘leaders’ of the area. 😉