Flyposting Dodgy Adverts

I've noticed several "Dodgy companies" flyposting adverts all over Sheffield and the surrounding areas, why on earth have Sheffield City Council not taken action on these rouge companies, yet they'll pounce on anyone who drops a piece of bread for the birds or a cigarette butt? But a complete eyesore illegally fly posted advert with the companies name and address on goes un-noticed!

Dalton Roofing seem to be a regular offender 

Fly posting is hard to prosecute due to the proof required. Otherwise, if a restaurant annoyed me I could just fly post a few posters with their name on them, then give the council an anonymous tip-off. Bingo, restaurant owner prosecuted!

I guess we dont know what may already be going on in the background with the Council and the ‘offenders’.

Maybe until someone - or enough people complain, nothing happens?

Might just be that they cant afford to do anything about it 😂

I've not noticed this bit I haven't been out much lately. What does surprise me is how people can get away with sticking a car on a grass verge with a for sale notice on it. Surely that's illegal.

12 minutes ago, Rollypolly said:

I've not noticed this bit I haven't been out much lately. What does surprise me is how people can get away with sticking a car on a grass verge with a for sale notice on it. Surely that's illegal.

Simple, not enough council/police money to provide resources to remove it/prosecute. Something else has been prioritised.

3 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Simple, not enough council/police money to provide resources to remove it/prosecute. Something else has been prioritised.

Fair point 🥴