2 For The Euro's - Fun Competition

OK, the football Euro's are about to begin.  We're all behind England of course (unless you are Scottish, Welsh...), but for fun, I've decided to select 2 teams to follow other than England, who I think could win it, and could be worth following (I may have a flutter on them as well).  Feel free to add your 2, and any comments/banter as the competition progresses.  To kick it off, my 2 are:

Turkey and Portugal

Hmmm... :huh:

I'll go for... Spain and Italy. 🐭

France and Germany.

England will not get to the final,Portugal and France.

I've drawn the Czech Republic in the draw at work. 100 to 1 according to the bookies. That's two quid I'll never see again.

Friends have just bought me some land in France for my birthday, so I suppose I'd better cheer for the French as well.  

On 10/06/2021 at 14:31, wearysmith said:

I've drawn the Czech Republic in the draw at work. 100 to 1 according to the bookies. That's two quid I'll never see again.

Friends have just bought me some land in France for my birthday, so I suppose I'd better cheer for the French as well.  

I wish I'd got friends like that.  The nearest I've come to that is when my father built me a sandcastle in Skeggy - about 60 years ago!

I'm starting to get nervous, and its still almost 2 hours before kick-off!.  Come on ye reds! (Turkey that is tonight playing Italy.  I'd be happy with a draw though)

3 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I'm starting to get nervous, and its still almost 2 hours before kick-off!.  Come on ye reds! (Turkey that is tonight playing Italy.  I'd be happy with a draw though)

Just like watching the Blades Thirsty.

29 minutes ago, Padders said:

Just like watching the Blades Thirsty.

No, it wasn't!  Turkey defended well only for the first half - Blades defend well all match.  Neither have many chances in most matches, granted. 

Overall, a young Turkey team (probably the youngest squad in the competition) ran out of steam after chasing the ball most of the match.  The better team won, simples!

12 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I wish I'd got friends like that.  The nearest I've come to that is when my father built me a sandcastle in Skeggy - about 60 years ago!

It was a joke gift. Last year the wife got me one of those DNA Heritage kits. Despite being from a long line of Yorkshiremen, it seems I'm mostly Viking and French/German. Hardly a surprise considering how many times Johnny Foreigner has come over and beaten the crap out of us through the millennia.  

So this year my 'friends' clubbed together and bought me a one metre-square patch of land in Brittany. It's big enough to stand on (or, as I've said I'm going to do, plant a Union Jack on). 

That car bringing the ball on at the beginning is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. Hope that’s not going to happen every game.

Also, the logo that flashes up after every incident is that colourful it reminds me of the Teletubbies. Irritating.

Italy looked good though...

Edited by wearysmith