2 For The Euro's - Fun Competition

14 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Some interesting results, the biggest surprise were the French going out. Don't see Belgium progressing much further if de bruyne and hazard aren't fit. 

Germany? Italy?

Personally, I had Italy as potential finalists and possible winners.

They look good as a team and no selfish players- plus Macini has done great to bring them more closer.

Though seeing Spain yesterday, test of character etc, can't rule them out.

Germany- not sure, not been great but tonight against the old enemy,  they always up their game.

Hmmm... :huh:

Inspired tactics by Southgate... :clap:

... bore them into submission! :hihi:

1 minute ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Inspired tactics by Southgate... :clap:

... bore them into submission! :hihi:

It worked!

11 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

It worked!

They think it's all over, it is now.

Probably just deserved it but can’t keep pinching games.

Wow!  Following England's excellent win this afternoon, it's time for an update (coming early as none of us have chosen either of the two teams contesting the last of the "Round of 16") tonight.

Still in the competition we have tinfoilhat with Belgium, Wearysmith with the Czech Republic, Jane with Denmark, and Mr,Bloke (being greedy!) with both Spain and Italy. 

Two big clashes worth looking forward to in my opinion are on Wednesday when tinfoilhat's Belgium take on Mr.Bloke's Italy, and Thursday when Wearysmith's Czech Republic take on Jane's Denmark.

For now, let's just revel in England's great victory over Germany.  Surely none of our number had selected Germany, did they?  I'll have to check and remind them if so (snigger! snigger!).

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

For now, let's just revel in England's great victory over Germany.  Surely none of our number had selected Germany, did they?  I'll have to check and remind them if so (snigger! snigger!).

Don't bother Thirsty, I'll own up.

At least I'm consistent at picking losers.

2 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Wow!  Following England's excellent win this afternoon, it's time for an update (coming early as none of us have chosen either of the two teams contesting the last of the "Round of 16") tonight.

Still in the competition we have tinfoilhat with Belgium, Wearysmith with the Czech Republic, Jane with Denmark, and Mr,Bloke (being greedy!) with both Spain and Italy. 

Two big clashes worth looking forward to in my opinion are on Wednesday when tinfoilhat's Belgium take on Mr.Bloke's Italy, and Thursday when Wearysmith's Czech Republic take on Jane's Denmark.

I didn't think we'd beat Germany but  I thought we were worth winners. Belgium v Italy looks a bit tasty - if the Belgians have hazard and de bruyne back.

Great to hear the 3 lines on a shirt being sung loudly

14 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I did not see that coming.  It wasn't a great match and overall Kane was still poor. Hard to argue with a win over the Hun though.

Unsure if there's any German contributors here but.......

I chose today's drink as a nod in honour to our frenemies, the Germans. Being English I well know the pain of getting knocked out of tournaments, often at their hands :). Gerd Müller, I will get you....

However, at the end of the day, football is a community. That game has passed. I await our next encounter eagerly.

Well fought, and "Cheers!"

[IMG]

40 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

Unsure if there's any German contributors here but.......

I chose today's drink as a nod in honour to our frenemies, the Germans. Being English I well know the pain of getting knocked out of tournaments, often at their hands :). Gerd Müller, I will get you....

However, at the end of the day, football is a community. That game has passed. I await our next encounter eagerly.

Well fought, and "Cheers!"

[IMG]

Ukraine next - time to start shopping around!