2 For The Euro's - Fun Competition

Another win for Holland (unsurprisingly)

I've just realised I'm overdue with the promised update.  Sorry!

We must congratulate Belgium, Netherlands and Italy on their 100% run of victories that have put them through to the next stage of the competition, and commiserate with those of a Turkish persuasion on their sad exit.

Moving swiftly on, the best pundit so far has to be TinfoilHat with the aforementioned Belgium and the unbeaten France (4 points).  The rest of us all have at least  one team with aspirations of reaching the next round, so here's to the rest of the competition!

Cheers!

I tried to get excited about the England team last night, but really couldn't. Thank the lord for Shaw, Grealish, Sterling and Baka. They were the only 4 who looked awake and creative. Games aren't won by repetitive passes back to the keeper. Dullest England team in decades. Kane has to be dropped.

Edited by wearysmith

2 hours ago, wearysmith said:

I tried to get excited about the England team last night, but really couldn't. Thank the lord for Shaw, Grealish, Sterling and Baka. They were the only 4 who look awake and creative. Games aren't won by repetitive passes back to the keeper. Dullest England team in decades. Kane has to be dropped.

I'm surprised that DCL didn't get on for a run with Kane having a rest, especially as he hasn't really been at the races for a while.  Raheem seems to be 100%, despite his club uncertainty and transfer speculation.  Perhaps he could have a word with Harry?  I really can't understand Rashford getting on when he's struggling with a variety of injuries.  Great to see Maguire back and getting 90 minutes game time.

2 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I'm surprised that DCL didn't get on for a run with Kane having a rest, especially as he hasn't really been at the races for a while.  Raheem seems to be 100%, despite his club uncertainty and transfer speculation.  Perhaps he could have a word with Harry?  I really can't understand Rashford getting on when he's struggling with a variety of injuries.  Great to see Maguire back and getting 90 minutes game time.

I was wrong there too. I'd said to my daughter-in-law that he'd be better off not playing Harry as he wouldn't be fit enough. Great to see him making those probing central runs.

Grealishh and Saka more than covered for the overhyped  Foden and Mount,Shaw always gives 100℅ and Maguire played well,kanes not the player we're used to seeing,drop him.

Edited by ukdobby

2 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Grealishh and Saka more than covered for the overhyped  Foden and Mount,Shaw always gives 100℅ and Maguire played well,James not the player we're used to seeing,drop him.

Shaw was steady enough - his corners (As were Phillips and mounts against scotland) were awful.  Walker was ok but I'd be picking trippier for his dead ball deliveries. 

Sweden - Poland. Best game I've seen. Gutted for the Polish team. They put a shift in.

On 21/06/2021 at 22:26, Thirsty Relic said:

I've just realised I'm overdue with the promised update.  Sorry!

We must congratulate Belgium, Netherlands and Italy on their 100% run of victories that have put them through to the next stage of the competition, and commiserate with those of a Turkish persuasion on their sad exit.

Moving swiftly on, the best pundit so far has to be TinfoilHat with the aforementioned Belgium and the unbeaten France (4 points).  The rest of us all have at least  one team with aspirations of reaching the next round, so here's to the rest of the competition!

Cheers!

Both my teams are still there Thirsty, with Germany set to progress to the last 8.

5 minutes ago, Padders said:

Both my teams are still there Thirsty, with Germany set to progress to the last 8.

Grrrrrrrr  !!!   All we've got to do is score more than them, therefore avoiding the dreaded penalty shoot-out!

As the quarter-finalists are decided, another update!

Both tinfoilhat (Belgium and France) and Mr Bloke (Italy and Spain) have two unbeaten teams, with one each with 9 points and one with 5 in their respective groups.  Apart from the unfortunate individual who selected Turkey (which I believe is the only one of our selected teams to end their group with a negative goal difference!), all the rest of you have both your selections still up and running.

Now the real stuff begins!

Some interesting results, the biggest surprise were the French going out. Don't see Belgium progressing much further if de bruyne and hazard aren't fit. 

Germany? Italy?