2 For The Euro's - Fun Competition

Just got to the caravan seconds before England scored. Had enough time to pour this and bang! - get in!

Rxi6LI4.jpg

This poured for the Wales match.

Bale and that pen...... what a twonk. He made up for it though 😀  .

0vd1Vd0.jpg

Well, I dipped on one count today but Holland did the business

Checking the selections from all of us on this thread, the majority started with France as one of their 2 selections.  Spooky!

23 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Checking the selections from all of us on this thread, the majority started with France as one of their 2 selections.  Spooky!

Tonights match.

2 mediocre teams battling it out, no quality, very little skill, and no imagination..

Typical english football, yet I found it quite an entertaining game..

If England qualify for the next round, I fear the worst against the big guns..

Verdict--- Must do better...

59 minutes ago, Padders said:

Tonights match.

2 mediocre teams battling it out, no quality, very little skill, and no imagination..

Typical english football, yet I found it quite an entertaining game..

If England qualify for the next round, I fear the worst against the big guns..

Verdict--- Must do better...

I thought Scotland did OK, England on the other hand were devoid of ideas.

Scotland will be the happier team tonight,  a draw still gives them something to fight with.

I agree with both of you - but I think there was something else wrong with us tonight.  We seemed from the kick-off to be tired, and the Scots had more energy throughout the match.  Both teams should have been up for it, but we weren't - as if something else was on our minds, or we'd just come back from a cross-country run!

Another performance like that on Tuesday and we may well end up hoping to qualify as one of the best 3rd placed teams!

Too defensive from England and the main issue is two holding MF players in CM, so that leads to sideways and backwards passing.

What we need is some forward drive in the middle, that pushes you further up the pitch and gives options for the man on the ball.

This how southgate has been setting up and it leads to us sitting way too deep,a team like Italy will exploit this with a runner from CM ghosting into your box.

I think the Croatia match spoilt us all a bit. Forward passing, running at defenders - that sort of thing. Dull, unimaginative, predictable - it could have been any England performance in the euros since about 2000. No creativity at all.

Southgate is over cautious. He doesn't know his best team. He knows who he trusts but sterling and rashford aren't in great nick and McGuire and Henderson have been injured. So he's caught between two stools and gone defensive.

And take mount off corners - every one was ****.  

13 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I think the Croatia match spoilt us all a bit. Forward passing, running at defenders - that sort of thing. Dull, unimaginative, predictable - it could have been any England performance in the euros since about 2000. No creativity at all.

Southgate is over cautious. He doesn't know his best team. He knows who he trusts but sterling and rashford aren't in great nick and McGuire and Henderson have been injured. So he's caught between two stools and gone defensive.

And take mount off corners - every one was ****.  

Always the same TFH.

We get the media telling us what a great team we have, sells papers, pints, merchandise, and burgers, gets us worked up and in a frenzy..

Always fail to deliver.

Tell you what impressed me last night was the Stone's header against the bar, ruddy hell he must have jumped 6 feet in the air.

Scotland were by far the most impressive of the two teams. England's tactics were ridiculous. Make headway into the opposing half, then spend 15 passes trying to get it back to our own keeper. Trying to walk it in frightens no one. It just give defences more time to prepare. 

We need old-style and old tactics; two incredibly speedy wingers to whip in dangerous crosses and a big daft hulking centre forward to nod them in.

I fear we'll never see those days again.

I haven't watched the match, but well done Hungary for holding France to a draw.

Going forward, I disagree with much of what's been said post-match about sticking with the back 4 OR bringing Maguire in for Mings.  I'd play Maguire between Stones and Mings in a 3.  Similarly, questioning whether we need 2 holding midfielders in future matches.  I think we do, or the better teams we'll come up against will rip us apart.

We had very little invention, but normally our chances come from wide.  If we go to a back 3 with wing-backs, I can see us doing much better, but then we must pick 2 to play as attacking midfielders linking Kane with the wing-backs.  We'll need to pick 2 from Mount, Sterling, Rashford, Grealish, Foden.  Not an easy choice, but we can't play them all!  With 5 subs, we can rotate them though.