How Do You Get Sponsorship?

'Sponsor request for competing daughter'   (or something like that)

Can you put that in your signature?  

You never know who could see it and there's no harm done.

On 11/06/2021 at 08:25, Padders said:

I find that very touching Daddio,

Can I just wish you and your daughter every success in the future.

Thanks for sharing..

Thank Padders. That's really nice of you to say 🙏

On 11/06/2021 at 09:35, Bargepole23 said:

You're welcome. You said earlier that looking for sponsorship has been a hit to your pride, no need for you to feel that way, sportspeople getting sponsorship, whether it be kit, wages, travel is part of amateur and professional sport at all levels, and is pretty much essential for someone to progress.

Best of luck, and it will be a combination of method, luck and perseverance that finds those sponsors.

Thank you for that Bargepole23. I'm sort of getting past the pride bit now. I suppose it comes from always been able to provide but times change lol. I'm trying not to be so hung up about it now. 

I actually have an update to the sponsor situation

My daughters coach has found a local business man who is prepared to supply a bit of funding to help her on her way. She net him yesterday and he seems like a top bloke and I'll be perfectly honest it's lifted the pressure somewhat 🙏

On 11/06/2021 at 09:44, Ms Macbeth said:

Me too.   Well done to your daughter.

Thank you Ms Macbeth 🙏

On 11/06/2021 at 12:13, cressida said:

'Sponsor request for competing daughter'   (or something like that)

Can you put that in your signature?  

You never know who could see it and there's no harm done.

That's a fab idea cressida. Do you think the Mods will allow a link to her social media in her signature too? 

13 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

That's a fab idea cressida. Do you think the Mods will allow a link to her social media in her signature too? 

I'm not sure who the mods are now but I don't see why not

14 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Thank you for that Bargepole23. I'm sort of getting past the pride bit now. I suppose it comes from always been able to provide but times change lol. I'm trying not to be so hung up about it now. 

I actually have an update to the sponsor situation

My daughters coach has found a local business man who is prepared to supply a bit of funding to help her on her way. She net him yesterday and he seems like a top bloke and I'll be perfectly honest it's lifted the pressure somewhat 🙏

Thank you Ms Macbeth 🙏

Good to hear 👍

Can you give us an update on how your daughter is progressing Daddy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Can you give us an update on how your daughter is progressing Daddy.

Padders, mate, Thank you for caring 🙏 and I'd love to share her progress.

Right, we left her previous gym where I was needing the sponsorship.  We left for a few reasons main one being safeguarding worries.

She was matched in a tournament against a heavier, adult, professional fighter. Bare in mind she was an amateur junior. She took a pretty bad hammering and was almost stopped. I wish it had been stopped, it was horrible. To her credit she fought to the end and the bell stopped the fight. 

Obviously she was upset and told her coach she thinks she was overmatched 

His reply was "Don't make excuses for a bad performance " which upset her.

He also left her at the venue without passing her back to me ( I was outside in the carpark) but thankfully another parent brought her out and explained what had happened. 

I was fuming. I've never been so angry in my life  and told her she was leaving that gym.

We talked about it for a while and she decided she wanted to alter disciplines and focus on just her hands, she's always been a better puncher than a kicker so I always expected this at some point and we found her a really good boxing gym. She's been there since about December i think, (damn my memories shocking) and she's absolutely loving it. She goes 3 to 4 days a week and when she comes out she's always got this massive grin on her face. Now, that's something that rarely happened at her previous gym, turned out she'd been unhappy there for a bit but never said anything.  Kicking myself for not connecting the dots. She told me a couple of real horror stories, I couldn't believe what I was hearing so it confirmed we'd done the right thing by moving. Now, I'm not saying it's a 'bad gym' because I know plenty of people who go and they love it. It's an old school fighting gym. I'm just saying that in my daughter's case it wasn't the best culture and environment. 

Anyhow as it stands now she's registered as an amateur with the BBBC I think and she's progressing towards her first armature boxing match. I have to be honest I don't want her competing. It's a brutal sport but she wants to so I'll support that decision and help how I can. 

She's happy, she's healthy, she's special but most importantly her DADDY isn't going broke spending a lot of money on multiple tournaments 😁

Cheers for asking about her Padders. I was touched. In fact I thought I had a lump in my throat until I realized I wad choking on a Werthers Original👍 

Edited by The_DADDY

Great post Daddy,

Thanks for the update,

Must be horrible for people watching their offspring taking a beating, It's a brutal sport. 

But it is what it is, wait till she starts winning, you'll be over the moon.

Best wishes to your daughter, 

By the way, Murray Mints, not Wethers Original.

15 hours ago, Padders said:

Great post Daddy,

Thanks for the update,

Must be horrible for people watching their offspring taking a beating, It's a brutal sport. 

But it is what it is, wait till she starts winning, you'll be over the moon.

Best wishes to your daughter, 

By the way, Murray Mints, not Wethers Original.

Cheers for that matey.  Yeah its very hard watching her fight. She's had some good wins over some talented and bigger girls but I've never truly enjoyed watching her, even when she wins. There was a time she fought in barnsley against a local girl. Both were only 13 and the barnsley mob actually booed my daughter as she walked in. Horrible toxic atmosphere but she rose to the occasion and got a good win, which was changed to a draw 🙄

A demo they then called it. Anyhow it was clear who won, even some of the barnsley mob congratulated her. I was so proud I cried 😂

My problem is I felt sorry for the losing girl, I'm just too soft haha.. 

Thank you again for caring matey and I'll pass on your best wishes to her. 

And yes, of course I meant Murray Mints.

What was I thinking 🤔 😁

• Like 1