Sign in to follow this  

Luton Airport.

I am taking someone to this airport and I was wondering if anyone knows how far it is to walk to the Wizz Air terminal building. He is a bit dodgy on his feet. Or is there a better place to drop him off? Cheers.

There is only one terminal at Luton, you can drop him off at the entrance but it last cost £3 to do this last time I was there.  You wont get any nearer parking elsewhere. 

Cant comment on how far it is from car to check in desk as I have only ever dropped off but bear in mind unless you have requested assistance he will have to walk through the rest of the terminal building anyway.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Pretty sure the Wizz Air check-in desk is pretty close to the entrance.

How far they make you trek to the departure gate is another story tho, but you might get a lift on one of the buggies that nip around the terminal?

13 minutes ago, geared said:

Pretty sure the Wizz Air check-in desk is pretty close to the entrance.

How far they make you trek to the departure gate is another story tho, but you might get a lift on one of the buggies that nip around the terminal?

He would have to book assistance for this, not sure if you can do it on the day.

Edited by HeHasRisen

^^^yes you have to do it at least 48 hours before. See below. They wont get him from the car though, it will be from check in desk onwards. You also have the issue of what the airport is like at the other end of the journey.

If you require special assistance, please call your local Special Assistance Call Centre:

Please note that those numbers are dedicated solely to passengers requiring special assistance and no other queries will be handled. Local rates apply.

United Kingdom

0330 977 044 4

Edited by HeHasRisen

Thank you everyone. He is not all that bad at walking but he has to take his time and that is why we are going earlier so that if he does get tired he can have a rest. At he other end one of his family is going to collect him.

It's now a fiver to drop off someone c350m from the terminal. What you could do is go to the 'Long Stay ' Car Park ' which is free for an hour and drop him off and he can get the free bus right up to the terminal- there's also a'mid-stay' only free for 15 mins plus a free bus to the terminal.

Essentially, the buses drop people off nearer to the terminal than people dropping them off from their own cars plus, of course, the £5 for 10 mins charge.

Any excuse to post this....

15 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

He would have to book assistance for this, not sure if you can do it on the day.

Make sure you print the return boarding passes off before you go.

Wizz Air charge you for that if you don't.

6 hours ago, geared said:

Make sure you print the return boarding passes off before you go.

Wizz Air charge you for that if you don't.

He ( or should i say his family)will book his return ticket at the other end when he wants to return. 

19 hours ago, Mossway said:

It's now a fiver to drop off someone c350m from the terminal. What you could do is go to the 'Long Stay ' Car Park ' which is free for an hour and drop him off and he can get the free bus right up to the terminal- there's also a'mid-stay' only free for 15 mins plus a free bus to the terminal.

Essentially, the buses drop people off nearer to the terminal than people dropping them off from their own cars plus, of course, the £5 for 10 mins charge.

I think the long stay car park is the better option for him, not only going but coming home.

If he's not good on his feet, using the long stay gives you enough time for you to dump the car and accompany him on the bus to the terminal and then to the Wizz desk and then get the free bus back to the long stay at zero cost.

10 hours ago, Mossway said:

If he's not good on his feet, using the long stay gives you enough time for you to dump the car and accompany him on the bus to the terminal and then to the Wizz desk and then get the free bus back to the long stay at zero cost.

That was what I was thinking. Cheers.