Just A Heads Up About Heeley Retail Park

17 hours ago, Waldo said:

Not to blame the victim in any way; but it amazes me how people display their valuables. It seems far more sensible to hide your wealth away and indeed, not appear wealthy (to avoid becoming a target of theft etc).

And yet, you are.

48 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

And yet, you are.

No, I’m not.

Well you are a little bit, not that I have an issue with that, it's a bit like people who walk around with £800 phones glued to their hands and are then surprised when they get pinched.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Recently there always seems to be a beggar outside lidls . Not saying it's necessarily anything to do with this but some of them get a bit insulting if you refuse them cash.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well you are a little bit, not that I have an issue with that, it's a bit like people who walk around with £800 phones glued to their hands and are then surprised when they get pinched.

Maybe it seems like that. To be clear though, there are lots of times when people are attacked by others, the attacker is always in the wrong. There are things people can do which minimise their chances of becoming a victim or target of attack. Pointing these things out, is helpful, it’s not at all saying “you’re to blame for getting attacked”.

Edited by Waldo

It always strikes me as being very down market, as against say St James, however the victim was at the worst careless, where’s the cctv of the event by the way? We discovered that my late mother was carrying large amounts of money in her handbag as she developed dementia, did she deserve to be robbed, she wasn’t but I repeat did she deserve to be robbed?

Get the police out of police stations and police cars and put boots on the ground, it used to work fine.

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

It always strikes me as being very down market

Hyacinth.jpg

On 10/06/2021 at 11:38, Waldo said:

Maybe it seems like that. To be clear though, there are lots of times when people are attacked by others, the attacker is always in the wrong. There are things people can do which minimise their chances of becoming a victim or target of attack. Pointing these things out, is helpful, it’s not at all saying “you’re to blame for getting attacked”.

I fully agree with your post above Waldo.

We live in a world where some members of society will take advantage, and often do.

My news feed reported two street robbers taking £700 from a victim. Who carries £700 cash  around?

7 minutes ago, catmiss said:

My news feed reported two street robbers taking £700 from a victim. Who carries £700 cash  around?

Plenty of people - putting cash from their businesses into the bank for instance.

Perhaps should have said in a residential area at night

On 10/06/2021 at 15:03, HeHasRisen said:

Hyacinth.jpg

I’m extremely picky when it comes to Heeley, both sets of my  great grandparents brought their families up there, the Marshalls and the Rings didn’t tolerate that sort of behaviour.