Just A Heads Up About Heeley Retail Park

A man was sort of mugged well some gold chains were ripped off his neck outside Iceland Food Warehouse this from another site.

MAN'S HORROR AS THUG RIPS GOLD CHAINS FROM HIS NECK OUTSIDE SHOP IN SHEFFIELD 

A man has spoken of his horror after a robber ripped two gold chains from his neck as he left a shop in Sheffield.

Karl Drabble was just leaving The Food Warehouse store at Heeley Retail Park when the thief came up behind him and tore the jewellery loose before running off.

Karl gave chase but – hindered by the fact he was wearing sandals and was recovering from a badly sprained ankle – was unable to catch the crook, who headed past Costa and towards the alleyway behind B&M.

The sort of crime that can happen anywhere, I have had countless visits to that retail park with no issue, no doubt the same for every single forum member reading.

Edited by HeHasRisen
Typo

Source is The Star

A similar thing happened to my Wednesday scarf on John Street ca1961. The Star wasn’t informed.

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

A similar thing happened to my Wednesday scarf on John Street ca1961. The Star wasn’t informed.

That would have been worth nicking back then.

16 minutes ago, sibon said:

That would have been worth nicking back then.

11/6d from Mortimer’s Army Stores.

Not to blame the victim in any way; but it amazes me how people display their valuables. It seems far more sensible to hide your wealth away and indeed, not appear wealthy (to avoid becoming a target of theft etc).

58 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Not to blame the victim in any way; but it amazes me how people display their valuables. It seems far more sensible to hide your wealth away and indeed, not appear wealthy (to avoid becoming a target of theft etc).

I tend to agree, but many people like to display their jewelry in public (which is what they are for, after all), and should be free to do so without worrying about attack.  However, in the real world, it's always a possibility.  Limping around in sandals would suggest to the mugger he/she/it was in little danger of chased by the victim, and may have been a factor in the decision to steal them.

Like a previous poster, I can see nothing to suggest Heeley Retail Park is more or less likely to host such incidents as other places.

It may even have been targeted for all we know.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I have a mental image of a sort of Mr.T like character doing his shopping at a discount food retailer now.

39 minutes ago, geared said:

I have a mental image of a sort of Mr.T like character doing his shopping at a discount food retailer now.

Ha! I was thinking of those young criminal types who like to flash their stolen loot all over Facebook! Often you get them wearing really heavy looking gold chains / rings / teeth / nose-piercings etc.

1 hour ago, geared said:

Pity the fool 😀