Does Anyone Remember Smeaton St

Smeaton St was a small unadopted cul de sac off Sharrow Lane.  It was pretty grotty and shabby with 16 very small 2-up and 2-down homes, with no bathrooms or hot water.  We didn't even have a cooker but just an oven heated  by the fire .  Amazingly my family of 5 managed, even though I had to share a bed with my parents until I became a teenager.  Great days.

2 hours ago, John bycroft said:

Smeaton St was a small unadopted cul de sac off Sharrow Lane.  It was pretty grotty and shabby with 16 very small 2-up and 2-down homes, with no bathrooms or hot water.  We didn't even have a cooker but just an oven heated  by the fire .  Amazingly my family of 5 managed, even though I had to share a bed with my parents until I became a teenager.  Great days.

I had cousins on Hobart Street. I remember a chip shop at the end of their street.post-188-1220901823.jpg

I think there was a chip shop on club garden road at the 3nd of hobart st.   I used to go there regularly and ask for a penny worth of scraps,  the waste cooked crispy batter from cooking fish and fishcakes.  Occasionally, I would get a bit of fish thrown in.