Colin Pitchfork To Be Released From Prison

18 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Apparently, I wrongly presumed that Pitchfork would be placed on the Sex Offenders Register but I've just read that as he was sentenced before 1997, the legal situation means he won't. 

No retrospective registering then. 

We’ll hear next that they’ve let Arthur Hutchinson out to keep him company.

I thought he would be at the top of the list on the sex offenders Register.   This loophole needs to end. They need every safeguard there is for criminals like Pitchfork.

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

I thought he would be at the top of the list on the sex offenders Register.   This loophole needs to end. They need every safeguard there is for criminals like Pitchfork.

i would guess that more or less *everyone* is unhappy with C-P's release, and the fact that he won't be put on the register. No-one is happy.

but... he's more or less unique, there's no-one else on the horizon, who could be released, for similar crimes, who won't go on the register. and it would take an act of parliament to close the loophole.

(it was on the radio this morning)

i suspect he'll be back in prison within the year, for violating part of his release parameters - he's out of prison because of a loophole or 2, but he's surrounded 24/7 by loopholes working against him.

9 hours ago, ads36 said:

but... he's more or less unique, there's no-one else on the horizon, who could be released, for similar crimes, who won't go on the register. and it would take an act of parliament to close the loophole.

That’s good to know.  

Edited by hauxwell

10 hours ago, ads36 said:

i suspect he'll be back in prison within the year, for violating part of his release parameters - he's out of prison because of a loophole or 2, but he's surrounded 24/7 by loopholes working against him.

This is why I don't think him not being on the sex offenders' register is much of an issue. He's not some essentially anonymous rapist who's going to all but disappear upon release. He's going to be under so many restrictions and so much monitoring, with so many opportunities for him to slip up and end up back inside, the normal reasons for putting someone on the register are covered by other things.

On 19/07/2021 at 21:20, altus said:

This is why I don't think him not being on the sex offenders' register is much of an issue. He's not some essentially anonymous rapist who's going to all but disappear upon release. He's going to be under so many restrictions and so much monitoring, with so many opportunities for him to slip up and end up back inside, the normal reasons for putting someone on the register are covered by other things.

Speaking as a fully paid-up member of the hang 'em and flog 'em brigade, wouldn't it be less effort just to keep Pitchfork locked up until he's dead?

And speaking as an over-taxed taxpayer, I feel that all this monitoring and surveillance is an utter waste of taxpayers money.

I recall Home Sec Priti-dumb Patel stating she wanted criminals to feel terror.  But given the comments on this topic, it's the public that are scared, not the criminals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49213743

I suppose the only good news on the horizon it she has / hasn't publically supported the death penalty, so maybe she will / won't reinstate it, depending on public mood (same article above).

Just now, Janus said:

Pitchfork has been put back in prison for breaching his license. At the moment it is unclear what he has been up to.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-59354638

Well that's a surprise... 

Said no one ever 🙄

He should never have been released in the first place. Let's hope he didn't get his hands on another little girl. 

Vile creature 

Changed his name to Colin Boomerang now, apparently

5 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Changed his name to Colin Boomerang now, apparently

Happy for you , that you could find humour in this story