Colin Pitchfork To Be Released From Prison

20 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

There are plenty of people released from prison who have committed heinous crimes but after incarceration have gone on to lead the rest of their lives without resorting to criminality.

That's the point. Prison is both punishment and an opportunity for change.

Who is in a better position to judge his suitability for re-entering society than those that work with him every day and have an input to his parole judgement, or us who know nothing apart from the headlines of over 30 years ago?

Unfortunately there are also many 'reformed' criminals who have been released and then gone on to kill again... Better to be kept in prison where at least they can't kill again.

So just because some have killed again, all should be kept in? That seems a bit unfair.

Thats like saying some elderly people cause car crashes so no elderly people should be allowed to drive again.

Edited by HeHasRisen

46 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

More fool them if they try that stunt.

If one of the girls was my daughter I would be happy to be that fool, however she wasn’t so I am able to stand back and attempt to protect other 15 years old girls. The only 100% safe options are death or life imprisonment, the latter being my option, however if he is to be released perhaps a trip to the hospital prior to being let loose on kids might be an acceptable opti

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

If one of the girls was my daughter I would be happy to be that fool

And what would that achieve? It wouldnt bring her back. It would achieve the sum total of absolutely nothing other than a criminal record and a possible prison sentence depending on the damage done. Thankfully we don't live in an "eye for an eye" society, or at least a society that tolerates it.

It would achieve the protection of society from future crime.

Just now, lindylou53 said:

It would achieve the protection of society from future crime.

By committing a crime yourself? 🤣

I’m aged 74, thirty years ago my son was aged 12, had it been him I .would have been praying that Pitchfork would be released. You appear to find this amusing (smiley), I don”t so perhaps you’re on the wrong thread.

Just now, crookesey said:

I’m aged 74, thirty years ago my son was aged 12, had it been him I .would have been praying that Pitchfork would be released. You appear to find this amusing (smiley), I don”t so perhaps you’re on the wrong thread.

Oh no, it was just the thought of someone trying to stop a crime someone may or may not commit in the future by committing a crime themselves. Bonkers.

8 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

By committing a crime yourself? 🤣

No - I mean by keeping them locked up.

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

I will admit, when he does get released he will have a very ironic surname.

When's Neville Flaming Torch due for parole?

3 hours ago, lindylou53 said:

Unfortunately there are also many 'reformed' criminals who have been released and then gone on to kill again... Better to be kept in prison where at least they can't kill again.

How many? What figures are we talking about here?

5 hours ago, crookesey said:

The Parole  Board have decided to let this double murderer and rapist have the freedom of our streets, he’ll most probably be housed and given benefits, I wonder what Lynda Mann and Dawn Ashworth’s families think about this. 

I dont know if he has any personal wealth, but the one thing that will make them reoffend is if they are living in destitution with no reason to keep a clean slate.