Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Disappointed to learn that the pick and mix olive stall has closed down in Crystal Peaks market. It was one of the few unique shops there and well worth a visit.

Anyone know of any other places in Sheff that specialises in olives?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a stall in the Moor market with a wide range of olives / peppers / chillies etc, a little pricey but good quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, peteh1 said:

There is a stall in the Moor market with a wide range of olives / peppers / chillies etc, a little pricey but good quality.

Ta man.  Not been down there since the whole COVID kick-off. Will check it out.

I don't mind spending. They're not even for me. As far as I'm concerned the only good olive is one in a martini. However, the beloved's a big fan so I get them for her.  It's fun watching her eyes water when she gets a chilli one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They do have olives stuffed with garlic or chilli so your other half is sorted 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, peteh1 said:

They do have olives stuffed with garlic or chilli so your other half is sorted 😀

That's good to hear. I'm off later in the week so I'll have a wander down. Ta again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The place in the market is great,  he has a large selection of foods to buy and he's a nice guy too.  When I go I can easily spend £15 on nibbles, but they are delicious 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/06/2021 at 18:24, bungleboy69 said:

The place in the market is great,  he has a large selection of foods to buy and he's a nice guy too.  When I go I can easily spend £15 on nibbles, but they are delicious 😋

Is he definitely still there? Couldn't find the stall when I last ventured down there a few weeks ago. Has it moved, maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're still there , I went Friday sundried tomatoes, olives, and some greek raw honey , for the price I can't complain and They're absolutely smashin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/06/2021 at 21:07, bluecanary said:

Is he definitely still there? Couldn't find the stall when I last ventured down there a few weeks ago. Has it moved, maybe?

He moved to a bigger, more prominent unit, yes, but definitely still in the market.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pleased to report that the lass who had the olive stall at Crystal Peaks now works at the one in Town's market. Still as friendly & helpful as ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/06/2021 at 17:42, wearysmith said:

Ta man.  Not been down there since the whole COVID kick-off. Will check it out.

I don't mind spending. They're not even for me. As far as I'm concerned the only good olive is one in a martini. However, the beloved's a big fan so I get them for her.  It's fun watching her eyes water when she gets a chilli one.

I'd be most worried if Mrs Rocker was fancying Olives or Gherkins Wearysmith.     👶👶👶

 

Keep safe

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

I'd be most worried if Mrs Rocker was fancying Olives or Gherkins Wearysmith.     👶👶👶

 

Keep safe

 

🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.