Wednesday's Dilemma. (Not A Dig).

I take no pleasure in seeing the fans of any club being punished for something completely out of their control, genuine fans will follow their team through thick and thin choose what league they are in but seeing their seasons possibly ruined repeatedly before they even start through no fault of their own must be demoralising and no one should gloat because don't ever think it couldn't happen to you......

Edited by Alextopman

Well said, that man. Many close friends are of the blue persuasion. We always have banter, but I really feel the genuine fans are being treat shabbily down S6 way. 

It's shocking. The way it's going administration might be our best option to at least hopefully get a new owner. Should be looking forward to seeing what players we'll bring but instead it's just hoping there's no point deduction again.

Yes, even though we argue football matters between the blue and red halves of the city, at lease we're all football supporters first and come together when necessary.  Without local rivalry, there wouldn't really be the banter we all love.  We Blades love being above the Owls in the league, but we want them still to be in the league, and close enough to challenge us.

Imagine (horror of horrors) being a Leeds United fan.  Going to your local, then hearing a Leeds fan profess his love of Leeds, then call out "We're all Leeds aren't we?", and only get a timid "yes" in reply..........

8 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Yes, even though we argue football matters between the blue and red halves of the city, at lease we're all football supporters first and come together when necessary.  Without local rivalry, there wouldn't really be the banter we all love.  We Blades love being above the Owls in the league, but we want them still to be in the league, and close enough to challenge us.

Imagine (horror of horrors) being a Leeds United fan.  Going to your local, then hearing a Leeds fan profess his love of Leeds, then call out "We're all Leeds aren't we?", and only get a timid "yes" in reply..........

Yep, love being a two team city. Of course there are the lower League sides like Sheffield FC etc but they aren't likely to reach the higher leagues anytime soon. I'd never want you to go out of business and I don't understand why anyone would want either Wednesday or United to go bust.

Guest sibon

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, the Blades fans start with the sympathy and reasonableness...

Wake me up if the season starts.

Edited by sibon

3 hours ago, Alextopman said:

I take no pleasure in seeing the fans of any club being punished for something completely out of their control, genuine fans will follow their team through thick and thin choose what league they are in but seeing their seasons possibly ruined repeatedly before they even start through no fault of their own must be demoralising and no one should gloat because don't ever think it couldn't happen to you......

For once ...& I can’t believe it myself..I agree totally...there’s a strong possibility that Wednesday will start the season  with another points deduction & transfer embargo ..& it’s the fans that suffer ..again ..4th division here we come ..

They will be allowed to sign some players even when embargoed as they only  have a squad of 15, but my understanding is they must be on frees only.

Ironic really as in league one, players bought for cash are measured as assets and fees dont count against you!

2 hours ago, sibon said:

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, the Blades fans start with the sympathy and reasonableness...

Wake me up if the season starts.

To be fair, I have always advocated the importance of Sheffield having two clubs to share in the inadequacy of it’s footballing lack of achievements.

Life in league 1 is going to be hard enough for Wednesday

They are the big team in that division,  be like having Manchester United in the Championship 

They are the big game for every team in that league, so every team will play like its the biggest game of the season 

Points deduction wont help matters

Guest sibon
12 minutes ago, rogets said:

Life in league 1 is going to be hard enough for Wednesday

They are the big team in that division,  be like having Manchester United in the Championship 

They are the big game for every team in that league, so every team will play like its the biggest game of the season 

Points deduction wont help matters

Doesn’t rhyme.

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

Doesn’t rhyme.

Hmmm... :huh:

I don't think it's meant to...

... it's a fairy story! ;)