Plans To Stop Fitting Gas Boilers In New Builds From 2025

Think it's hit the point where heat pumps have a lower running cost than gas now.

On a pre existing system all new radiators are required as the running temp is lower than a conventional boiler.

I know a couple if people with air source  pumps and one with a ground source one.

No complaints about reliability.

6 hours ago, Anna B said:

Weren't all new builds also supposed to be fitted with solar panels too from about 2012?

That doesn't appear to have been implemented, so maybe heat pumps will go the same way.

No, Cameron chickened out of that.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

No, Cameron chickened out of that.

Ahh, so Conservatives might chicken out of this one as well....

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

Ahh, so Conservatives might chicken out of this one as well....

Never miss a chance do you Anna .

On 07/06/2021 at 21:19, hackey lad said:

Never miss a chance do you Anna .

I do think it's important to point out the difference between promises and action.

The Conservatives (Boris in particular,) have form in this area. They won an election based on lies, omissions, and false promises. 

Edited by Anna B

what interests me is --after 2025 how long can we continue useing our gas boilerbefore the use of these is banned? also I see that halogen bulbs  and flourescent tubes cannot be sold after september so can we carry on using these?

I don't think the gas boilers installed at present and up till 2025 will be banned from use but just a case that when they break down they will no longer be repaired as parts will no longer be made. Bit like what's happened with changing over from an old style boiler to a combi boiler. Same goes for halogen bulbs which will no longer made so when they break they can no longer be replaced.

IMO What is needed is to also go for more small scale localised incinerators burning local waste to generate electricity and hot water instead of the large scale ones. It helps stop the transporting of waste from all over the place cutting down on fuel and making for a more secure localised approach.

2 hours ago, buddysbuddy said:

what interests me is --after 2025 how long can we continue useing our gas boilerbefore the use of these is banned? also I see that halogen bulbs  and flourescent tubes cannot be sold after september so can we carry on using these?

Whats the cost of converting a gas boiler setup to heat pump tho?  I seem to remember someone telling me it was pretty expensive.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

IMO What is needed is to also go for more small scale localised incinerators burning local waste to generate electricity and hot water instead of the large scale ones. It helps stop the transporting of waste from all over the place cutting down on fuel and making for a more secure localised approach.

What does that do for local air pollution tho?  Are they clean enough?

I'm having visions of Victorian era Sheffield, with giant chimneys all over the place gushing fumes into the air.

On 09/06/2021 at 17:04, geared said:

What does that do for local air pollution tho?  Are they clean enough?

I'm having visions of Victorian era Sheffield, with giant chimneys all over the place gushing fumes into the air.

It shouldn't increase air pollution at all as they are strictly controlled like the Bernard Road incinerator is, and that operates very well by burning our rubbish and generating mainly hot water and some electricity. It also may actually contribute to lowering air pollution as rubbish and waste will not have to travel that far by lorry to get to its destination. 

My experience of ground source heat pumps and rain water harvesting systems was the lack of maintenance expertise when systems failed 

We had a plumber round for something else and I mentioned about heat pumps - this will depend on how high your water pressure is. He told us of a client of his who was wanting a heat pump but it would mean him installing 3 diferent appliances at a cost of over £3,000. As for this move to ban Gas Boilers this has been down to the International Energy Authority really pleased how British Public have been obeying all the stuff that Covid brought with it that gave them this idea in the first place.

Climate change is all a hoax:

And as for electric cars, Black Lives don't appear to matter for the Creusers in the Congo risk their lives to extract Cobalt that is needed for rechargeable batteries from smart phones to Notebooks to Electric Cars - as they are not provided with protective clothing they get Cobalt poisoning and any offspring they do have if their crude mines don't collapse on them are born with defects as a result of paternal exposure to Cobalt. Elecrtric cars are no solution whatsoever. CO2 in the video from Sky News Australia prove that the Sahara desert is getting green again due to CO2 emissions, and a photo taken by NASA no less. Even if we were having severe climate change as a result of our activity (it's not it is the Sun's activity!) the known world supply of Cobalt is 35 years so Electric cars are not the solution - as there isn't a problem in the first place. The Agenda is being pushed by those who want ot control us in all manner of ways. WTFU!

On 10/06/2021 at 19:49, apelike said:

It shouldn't increase air pollution at all as they are strictly controlled like the Bernard Road incinerator is, and that operates very well by burning our rubbish and generating mainly hot water and some electricity. It also may actually contribute to lowering air pollution as rubbish and waste will not have to travel that far by lorry to get to its destination. 

How many houses does Bernard Road heat - and how many Bernard Roads would we need to supply heat and electricity to all Sheffield.

And wouldn't backup from a national grid still be needed to cope with exceptional demand?