Covid-19 At Meadowhall

It would be “safer” without all these silly rules, one way systems and limiting capacity. As we all know, all it does is cause endless queues, congestion, frustration and does absolutely nothing to prevent any sort of viral transmission. But alas, we mist be seen to do “something” ‘cos it makes people feel “safe”...

Guest makapaka
48 minutes ago, Happ said:

It would be “safer” without all these silly rules, one way systems and limiting capacity. As we all know, all it does is cause endless queues, congestion, frustration and does absolutely nothing to prevent any sort of viral transmission. But alas, we mist be seen to do “something” ‘cos it makes people feel “safe”...

Hygeine theatre.

same as the cleaner wandering up and down the train I was on yesterday - half heartedly wiping the corner of seats a foot away from you.

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

As I've said before - why not just wait until restrictions are lifted and then only go if you really need to? That is what I do, a bit of a pain, but it works for me.

I’d go now because it’s pretty nailed on to be closed again in a month or so. 

It’s why I went to the pub last night and will go again tonight - use it whilst you can! 

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I’d go now because it’s pretty nailed on to be closed again in a month or so. 

It’s why I went to the pub last night and will go again tonight - use it whilst you can! 

Lovely and positive there 🤣🤣

17 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Lovely and positive there 🤣🤣

My thoughts exactly - but as I've said before - This IS Sheffield Forum, and there seems to be a shortage of Prozac in the area. 😃

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

My thoughts exactly - but as I've said before - This IS Sheffield Forum, and there seems to be a shortage of Prozac in the area. 😃

Without wanting to turn this thread the same way as the Social Non-Distancing in Sheffield one, the only way shops will shut again is if the number of people seriously ill in hospitals shoots up and there is no indication this is happening or likely to happen. If this doesnt happen and they shut shops and/or pubs anyway I dont think people will stand for it and I can see serious civil unrest.

Anyway we digress 

Edited by HeHasRisen

Guest makapaka
27 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Without wanting to turn this thread the same way as the Social Non-Distancing in Sheffield one, the only way shops will shut again is if the number of people seriously ill in hospitals shoots up and there is no indication this is happening or likely to happen. If this doesnt happen and they shut shops and/or pubs anyway I dont think people will stand for it and I can see serious civil unrest.

Anyway we digress 

Sportsman’s bet. A month might be a bit hasty. I’ll say August for the lockdown into the autumn  “to prevent the winter surge” or something to that effect.

these few months are your like your daily walk round the prison yard - enjoy it while you can. 

There is absolutely zero chance that will happen in August or beforehand. I would even put money on it.

£50 to the losers charity of choice?

Guest makapaka
5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

There is absolutely zero chance that will happen in August or beforehand. I would even put money on it.

£50 to the losers charity of choice?

I wouldn’t be so certain. Amazed your so confident - I haven’t got £50 to gamble though unfortunately.

My good lady went today . First time meeting friends in well over a year . She was a bit apprehensive but has come come back and said she enjoyed it . She said the security guards were very diligent in people using the one way system and often saw them telling people to wear the masks correctly  (  over the nose) . 

15 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

My good lady went today . First time meeting friends in well over a year . She was a bit apprehensive but has come come back and said she enjoyed it . She said the security guards were very diligent in people using the one way system and often saw them telling people to wear the masks correctly(  over the nose) . 

Power hungry. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Power hungry. 

Telling people to follow rules is power hungry ? I know what I prefer and if it helps us through these times , its a good thing .

Of course its power hungry. Minimum wage drones.  Do you see supermarket staff going round doing the same in Asda? Do you balls. 

Middle aged men given a bit of power and letting it go to their heads. Does nothing but cause conflict.

Edited by HeHasRisen