Covid-19 At Meadowhall

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

No it was definitely a choice. You can tell it was a choice because I used the words "your choice". 

We can let others interpret your words. I see them as a bit bullying really, but I’m robust enough to cope.

Now. That article. What do you make of it?

1 minute ago, sibon said:

We can let others interpret your words. I see them as a bit bullying really, but I’m robust enough to cope.

Now. That article. What do you make of it?

Ah, now my words are bullying? 

I think we are done. 

Guest sibon
7 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Ah, now my words are bullying? 

I think we are done. 

They are.

But, they have served as a distraction from the question I asked you. The article is still there when you choose to read it.

Edited by sibon

22 hours ago, sibon said:

If anyone is in any doubt about the effect that masks and social distancing have, they should maybe take five minutes off searching for conspiracy theories to justify their actions. 

Reading this and thinking about it might be more beneficial:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/10/gp-england-drop-common-cold-flu-cases-coronavirus-restrictions

Not difficult either. And effective too. If you aren’t a sociopath.

Who would have expected us to find common cause?

We havent much in common on the political side but on the human , caring side I am with you . Thank you .

Guest makapaka
On 05/06/2021 at 13:56, HeHasRisen said:

There is absolutely zero chance that will happen in August or beforehand. I would even put money on it.

£50 to the losers charity of choice?

I should have took you up on this bet…….

Why, has something happened?

I only wonder what else anti-maskers find useless and irrelevant, do you wash your hands after toilet?  Do you shower?  I'd sure hate to be around the_Daddy, at least without his mask those who know how virus and gems behave can give him a wider birth than 2m.

I don't think people should be forced to wear masks, but unless they are exempt, they shouldn't go anywhere where masks are required.  Simple solution!  The train I was on last week for instance was an example of a group of louts totally unconcerned about the wellbeing of others. I've abided by the mask wearing rules, more out of respect for others than for my own safety even though I'm in a vulnerable age group.   I've had both vaccinations too.    

Good points muddywolf, if the pandemic has brought one positive, its surely the raised awareness of hygiene. 

7 minutes ago, Ms Macbeth said:

I don't think people should be forced to wear masks, but unless they are exempt, they shouldn't go anywhere where masks are required.  Simple solution!  The train I was on last week for instance was an example of a group of louts totally unconcerned about the wellbeing of others. I've abided by the mask wearing rules, more out of respect for others than for my own safety even though I'm in a vulnerable age group.   I've had both vaccinations too.    

Good points muddywolf, if the pandemic has brought one positive, its surely the raised awareness of hygiene. 

I don't need reminding about the awareness of hygiene, thank you!

I shower at least once a month, and always make sure I bathe twice yearly.

And I have no need to wash my hands after visiting the toilet...

I can assure you my tackle is spotlessly clean.

If people refuse to wear masks and/or be vaccinated let them pay the full cost of any treatment they need if hospitalised. However, this doesn't get over the problem of passing it onto others. To my mind, if you wear a mask you're not harming anyone, least of all yourself- but if you don't wear one there is a chance you could harm someone. It doesn't really matter if you think they might be useless- after all it's no big deal. And of course it is the law.

2 minutes ago, lindylou53 said:

If people refuse to wear masks and/or be vaccinated let them pay the full cost of any treatment they need if hospitalised. 

Come on now. Thats like saying smokers should pay for their treatment if they get cancer, drinkers should pay for their treatment if they get liver problems etc. Thin end of the wedge.

37 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Come on now. Thats like saying smokers should pay for their treatment if they get cancer, drinkers should pay for their treatment if they get liver problems etc. Thin end of the wedge.

Some people would query what the problem is with that.

If you are warned of the hazards and and independently choose to partake in the risk, they should also be liable to pay for any self-inflicted damage caused a result.

Happens all the time in many other sectors. That is why people take out additional insurances to cover x y and z.

The level between providing universal, extensive free at source health care while still encouraging and enforcing and and people failing to take responsibility for their own actions is a very very fine balance.