Covid-19 At Meadowhall

How safe does it feel regarding people respecting the  rules at Meadowhall.

Come the 21st, hopefully that question will be irrelevant.

Surely its the same as any supermarket or market, I have seen nothing to suggest Meadowhall has been a driver of transmission.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Exactly - but some are a little paranoid.

2 hours ago, alexander874 said:

How safe does it feel regarding people respecting the  rules at Meadowhall.

if you are worried then don't go. I haven't been to the place for years and don't really miss it.

7 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

if you are worried then don't go. I haven't been to the place for years and don't really miss it.

👍

I went to Meadowhall a couple of times recently.  

Once it was very empty. There is a kind of one way system in place to move people around the centre, which worked well. Some of the shops on two floors had a system where entry Was on the lower floor, and exit was on the upper. Good idea but annoying if you happened to be on the top floor and weren’t allowed in. However, a small price to pay to keep us all safer. The shops themselves have green and red markers they put outside to indicate how busy they are inside.

My second venture was a different story, I went when it was more typically busy.

The one way system to an extent was ignored and everyone just wandered about as usual. The centre in imo had too many people in it. The queues outside Primark were quite something (nothing unusual there), which eventually led the centre to stop people accessing that section of the centre by blocking off access at Sports Direct - which means that everyone now had to find somewhere else to go, causing some major overcrowding in a larger area elsewhere.

Its difficult to know what the right thing to do is, I accept that - Maybe limit the numbers entering in the first place, but then you just end up with giant queues waiting in the car park etc.

Thats my experience !

As I've said before - why not just wait until restrictions are lifted and then only go if you really need to? That is what I do, a bit of a pain, but it works for me.

5 minutes ago, alexander874 said:

Are they sometimes queing to get in at weekends?

Yes, because they’re only allowing a much smaller amount of people inside than usual.

They’ve cut the capacity by around half I believe.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was a new store opening...

36 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was a new store opening...

🤣🤣