Wednesday Players Considering Walking Away Over Wages Dispute

Link

I personally don't follow Football in general but I just found this on Facebook and thought Owls fans would be interested.

Guest sibon
Just now, nikki-red said:

Here you go...

Thanks Nikki.

It is only some of the players who are considering walking. It seems that many are sympathetic towards the difficulties that the owner faces.

Let’s see what actually happens.

What an almighty mess Wednesday are in ..on & off the pitch ...

Edited by Sheridan1-0

1 hour ago, FoxLady said:

Sibon already started a (4-page) post on this last Monday.

Well spotted. A pity you didn’t persevere to post #2, lol.

Well if I were a well paid player with a decent length of time left on my contract, I wouldn’t find the ‘two weeks notice and a free transfer’ a viable alternative to the club honouring it’s contract with me.

its reported we owe £12 million in wages / fees to players this is to cover the last 2 months and bring everything up to date,the PFA are working with all concerned,

that means in my mind we have being paying over the odds in wages  ,to some players,as the wage bill and the league position and the rubbish they have played over the last 12 months,is way above what they were worth,

13 minutes ago, bassett one said:

its reported we owe £12 million in wages / fees to players this is to cover the last 2 months and bring everything up to date,the PFA are working with all concerned,

that means in my mind we have being paying over the odds in wages  ,to some players,as the wage bill and the league position and the rubbish they have played over the last 12 months,is way above what they were worth,

Agree , they should have sacked em. Same as builders sack workers for being crap.

37 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Agree , they should have sacked em. Same as builders sack workers for being crap.

A lot easier not to sign crap players in the first place, saves all that ‘sacking’ malarkey.

Guest sibon
3 hours ago, crookesey said:

Well if I were a well paid player with a decent length of time left on my contract, I wouldn’t find the ‘two weeks notice and a free transfer’ a viable alternative to the club honouring it’s contract with me.

I don’t think that many of them do. In any case, quite a few of them would struggle to find new clubs. 

Nice to see you though🙂

1 hour ago, sibon said:

I don’t think that many of them do. In any case, quite a few of them would struggle to find new clubs. 

Nice to see you though🙂

Thanks for the message, are there any more of us? 

Spoiler