Cheap Whisky In Sheffield That Don't Ask A 45 Year Old For Id?

Just spoke to two staff at Tesco .

If you look up to 25 you will be challenged.

If you look your age at 40 plus you do not get challenged.

The Tesco did actually lose its license years back for underage sales caught by the licensing people sending someone in.

Must have cost them thousands .

i would smile and take it as a compliment ,what about that idea?

4 minutes ago, bassett one said:

i would smile and take it as a compliment ,what about that idea?

If anyone Id'd me I'd likely hug them and make them my bestie. 

28 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I beg your pardon? How on earth is this policed, are you pulling our plonker here? Would involve every shop having a list of every person barred.

I was following on from the previous post was referring to Florida and my comments were referring to the USA- which I should have made clearer. Every county and every state have differing laws on beer and separately on liquor (spirits)which are taken far more seriously than here. Liquor stores are highly regulated and often few in number and must to run a responsible business which may recording ID.

8 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

Above.

It's Father's Day on the 20th, and I'd like to get Dad a bottle of Whisky as well as a card, normally I'd go to Tesco but I buy him Whisky every year for his birthday and I get aged questioned by some blind fool on the Checkout who can clearly see that although I don't look mid 40s I definitely look over 18! :loopy: 

Can anyone help?

I hope your dad dosent read this forum and find out you are looking for cheap Whisky for Fathers day 

22 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I hope your dad dosent read this forum and find out you are looking for cheap Whisky for Fathers day 

Meh, at least I acknowledge Father's Day, a lot of people don't.

7 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Tru dat  . Well done 

42 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Not everyone still has a father to give a gift to.

As to the asking for ID, it's not only for age checking, shops are not allowed to sell alcohol to people for a variety of reasons, some of which would only become apparent through conversation... i.e intoxication.

9 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

Above.

It's Father's Day on the 20th, and I'd like to get Dad a bottle of Whisky as well as a card, normally I'd go to Tesco but I buy him Whisky every year for his birthday and I get aged questioned by some blind fool on the Checkout who can clearly see that although I don't look mid 40s I definitely look over 18! :loopy: 

Can anyone help?

I don't understand your problem Mr. Allen..

The blind fool on the checkout asks "are you over 18?" you answer "yes I am" transaction completed..

Yet you are prepared to go elsewhere..

4 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

Legislation shouldn't replace common sense! Blind Fred can see that I look considerably over 25! :loopy: 

Also, I don't need to "get over myself" so sod off.

Oh yes you do.

Here we go again, another load of entitlement syndrome. Overreacting, criticising and complaining about an everyday normal occurrence on a public forum and then attacking those who call you out when you are wrong.

It has being politely explained to you the reasons why the rules exist.  It's the law and shops and businesses are not going to risk getting caught out especially when the people behind the counter can be held personally liable. This has been the rules for several years now. Most people have an expectation that if you're buying anything which is restricted you take out some form of identification.

All you will need is something that can prove your date of birth, take it with you and problem-solved. In your circumstances you may even have an easier option of potentially asking your support worker or carer to assist with purchasing the goods.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

A couple of years ago I was behind a young man who was ID’d when buying a pack of lager. As I put my bottle of wine (probably for cooking😧) I flippantly asked if I, aged 65, had to show ID. The obviously peeded off assistant said yes and called my bluff when I had none. On a serious note a supermarket worker friend tells me workers have to pay the fine if shops are caught selling alcohol to underage customers 

10 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

I recently bought some whisky off Amazon for my son's birthday. The delivery man had to ask me for ID. He was very apologetic but we had a laugh about it as I'm 70 🤣

yup me too and I am 63.

I think its only right tbh