Cherry Tree Pub - Carter Knowle - Have You Been?

The pub was bought a little while back, spruced up and recently re-opened. We've not as yet popped in to take a look, has anyone else been? Much change and improvement from when it was last open back in 2018/2019?

is that the one at top on right hand side

1 minute ago, Lenlunn said:

is that the one at top on right hand side

The one at the top is the Prince of Wales which has proved pretty popular following its refurb a good few years ago.

The Cherry Tree is about a third of the way down, where Carter Knowle Avenue branches off. It's near the newsagents, café and farm shop.

thanks for reply

7 hours ago, chipfork said:

The pub was bought a little while back, spruced up and recently re-opened. We've not as yet popped in to take a look, has anyone else been? Much change and improvement from when it was last open back in 2018/2019?

Is the big lad called Andy still in charge ?

16 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Is the big lad called Andy still in charge ?

I don't think so but we've yet to pop in. It closed and was then rumoured to be turned into a Coop and then only recently a couple bought it with hope to resurrect the business. 

My that takes me back!! I was possibly one of the first customers along with my late father probably about 60 years ago(?)  It was a thriving pub at one time, the saying was the landlord came on a push bike and left in a Roller!

sixty years seems about right, i lived up carterknowle road in sixty four and im sure thats the pub me and my wife used to use

Looking at the style of the pub (flat roofed lounge built out from main house) it is similar to other pubs Stones  built in the late 1960's - eg  The Pen Nook in Deepcar and one near the Tinsley viaduct - The Plumpers?