Let's Replace The Lido At Millhouses Park

29 minutes ago, Longcol said:

700 miles south of Sheffield in this part of France, out door municipal pools are usually only open June, July and August when the sun can be more or less guaranteed to keep the pool temperature topside of 78F.

Meanwhile, we go plunging into the North sea in January, pushing the icebergs out of the way...

It's called wild swimming and it's supposed to do you good. I have yet to find out if that's true.

43 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Meanwhile, we go plunging into the North sea in January, pushing the icebergs out of the way...

It's called wild swimming and it's supposed to do you good. I have yet to find out if that's true.

Not really family friendly though - I'd like to think a Lido would be open to more than the minority that own wetsuits outside of summer.

Me and my wife do wild swimming in rivers round here - but again to all but the wetsuit brigade it's only really feasible June - Sept - and really only in blazing sunshine.

Edited by Longcol

On 10/06/2021 at 23:12, Anna B said:

https://www.wildswimming.co.uk/wild-swimming-for-beginners/