Working From Home Due To Covid Rules

i agree with that,but are they sunbathing with the phone engaged?,how many hours are the really working? could be in the bath? hot tub ,it would be intresting to find out,whats going on agree?

Can't speak for everyone else but my workload tells my employers I'm working effectively, if I wasn't I'd be missing my deadlines.

34 minutes ago, bassett one said:

i agree with that,but are they sunbathing with the phone engaged?,how many hours are the really working? could be in the bath? hot tub ,it would be intresting to find out,whats going on agree?

Based on most of the companies I deal with working remotely they are either doing exactly what they are paid to do or in many cases a lot more.

I'm not buying these myths about people lounging around in the garden ignoring their work or laying in the bath with candles and a good glass of wine at 11:30 in the morning.

My company's system knows exactly what time I log in, when I'm available, when I'm in meetings when I log out for lunch, exactly what documents I have accessed that day, how many new documents I have created that day and exactly what time I log out.

I'm connected to my colleagues and of course my management team through two separate phone lines, a chat box and an online Messenger. That's same management team can, at the click of a button, connect to my machine take control and see exactly what I'm doing.

Whilst my company's system may be at the advanced end,  many others out there will be similar systems with the same level or partial level of functions.

Don't be getting swept up in the hype and myths that all these 'privileged' white collar workers who have the freedom to work at home or work agile are sat there taking the mick. For many , the blurred lines between home and work life cause real problems - even more so when technology has created an entitlement syndrome that someone should always be available anytime anywhere.

4 hours ago, bassett one said:

Not hard to solve. 

Even 30 years ago in the office, the boss could log into my screen without me knowing. 

And with webcams,. can leave it on all the time. It's not exactly spying is it? Everytime i was in office, the boss can simply look up and see i was at my desk

but come on spill,there must be some truth out there?.what about the council office staff how do they work? i have come accross 3 people enjoying the sun and the job at home,but who says that both cannot be done? why can you not do your job under a umbrella on a sun lounger?

20 minutes ago, bassett one said:

but come on spill,there must be some truth out there?.what about the council office staff how do they work? i have come accross 3 people enjoying the sun and the job at home,but who says that both cannot be done? why can you not do your job under a umbrella on a sun lounger?

Probably in the same way as most other remote workers: with a laptop and a connection to the work mainframe through it. 

18 hours ago, bassett one said:

I don't understand what point you're trying to make here? There are jobs that can be done at home and as long as the person is doing there job why doesn't it matter so much to you if they're on a sun lounger, wearing socks on their hands or hanging upside down from the roof? As long as they're being paid to do what they are contracted to do why does it matter? 

On 02/06/2021 at 22:37, bassett one said:

i think its good,do you think we now should get lower prices,as  the firms are now paying no office rents?but are many really taking the biscuit  so to speak, by having no 

Must admit one day last week I went and sat in the back garden under an umbrella with the laptop. Dont see the issue.

I think a lot of companies will be thinking about the money they spend on offices / buildings etc. One of, if not THE biggest outlays for many businesses is where to ‘house’ their staff.

Obviously there will be some exceptions. The company I work for started during lockdown, has staff around the globe, and we are successfully making it work with no offices :)

I save time and money not commuting (when I worked in London that was 3+ hours a day and a £400 a month rail ticket).  Lots of positives , working from home !

On 02/06/2021 at 16:31, Michael_N said:

Often wondered how certain companies get around this, with GDPR and other issues. What's to stop someone letting someone into their property, and taking contact details and other details about clients/customers off the PC etc. I'd be very concerned, especially with Call Centres etc.

details are not  stored locally even if it is company machine with 2FA to log in  

1 hour ago, Ant68 said:

I think a lot of companies will be thinking about the money they spend on offices / buildings etc. One of, if not THE biggest outlays for many businesses is where to ‘house’ their staff.

Obviously there will be some exceptions. The company I work for started during lockdown, has staff around the globe, and we are successfully making it work with no offices :)

I save time and money not commuting (when I worked in London that was 3+ hours a day and a £400 a month rail ticket).  Lots of positives , working from home !

Hmmm... :huh:

... I can't see many companies falling for this one.

Who's going to pay London salaries and have you work from home in Sheffield? :confused:

5 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... I can't see many companies falling for this one.

Who's going to pay London salaries and have you work from home in Sheffield? :confused:

Some organisations, NHS for example, pay a London supplement/enhancement for staff working in London. If office staff can work from home and they live outside London, maybe the NHS can save money by no longer paying the London supplement to those members of staff?