Jump to content


England Euros Football 26 Man Squad

Recommended Posts

I wondered how long before Lampard appeared as a pundit.

Think the team looks capable of starting with a draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't see the game but sounds like it was a deserved win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent games from Stirling and Phillips.  Little from opposition but only 1-0.  Unbalanced with Trippier on the left, and Mings a worry at centre back.  How the manager can select Trippier over genuine decent left-backs in Chilwell and Luke Shaw is beyond me.  Even the commentator tried to find a reason, saying it may be because he takes a good free-kick!  So do many others that did not get selected!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Decent games from Stirling and Phillips.  Little from opposition but only 1-0.  Unbalanced with Trippier on the left, and Mings a worry at centre back.  How the manager can select Trippier over genuine decent left-backs in Chilwell and Luke Shaw is beyond me.  Even the commentator tried to find a reason, saying it may be because he takes a good free-kick!  So do many others that did not get selected!

I wouldn't have picked trippier at left back - he was solid enough, wouldn't have picked sterling, he scored - not sure id have picked phillips and he was the best player on the park.  Really solid opening game from England. Pleasantly surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/06/2021 at 21:47, tinfoilhat said:

I wouldn't have picked trippier at left back - he was solid enough, wouldn't have picked sterling, he scored - not sure id have picked phillips and he was the best player on the park.  Really solid opening game from England. Pleasantly surprised.

I must have been watching a different game, Croatia were rubbish and made it easy for England but yet they managed to scrape a 1-0 win. Boring 0-0 against Scotland..

They lack inventiveness and vision and have no ability to read the game.. Like many teams they play too much negative football.

England haven't got a chance of winning this tournament.. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ll deserved but a penalty?I think if that had been given against us he’ll would have broke loose.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dubious penalty ..but how many of those have England had given against us over the years...it makes a pleasant change to have one go in our favour....anything other an England win would have been harsh...& the Danes were knackered by the end of extra time ...

 

I think Southgate will go with the same starting 11 on Sunday...although i'd be tempted to put Henderson in for Rice... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Dubious penalty ..but how many of those have England had given against us over the years...it makes a pleasant change to have one go in our favour....anything other an England win would have been harsh...& the Danes were knackered by the end of extra time ...

 

I think Southgate will go with the same starting 11 on Sunday...although i'd be tempted to put Henderson in for Rice... 

Rice, and Phillips to a lesser extent were awful in the first half but both improved alot second half. Henderson is a good one to bring on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Pickford had a very shaky start, then was arguing throughout the first half with Maguire, but improved as the match went on.  Same line-up for me unless there are injury concerns.  What also surprised me was the omission of DC-L from the match-day squad.  If Kane had got injured, that would have left a half-fit Rashford to replace him presumably?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I thought Pickford had a very shaky start, then was arguing throughout the first half with Maguire, but improved as the match went on.  Same line-up for me unless there are injury concerns.  What also surprised me was the omission of DC-L from the match-day squad.  If Kane had got injured, that would have left a half-fit Rashford to replace him presumably?

I thought Saka looked a little lightweight at times but then he did set up two great chances (one of which led to the goal), I thought Kyle Walker was amazing, didn't put a foot wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I thought Saka looked a little lightweight at times but then he did set up two great chances (one of which led to the goal), I thought Kyle Walker was amazing, didn't put a foot wrong.

I think Walker is still learning the role as one of the 3 CB's, and is a little weak in the air to play there.  That being said, when he's out of position, his lightening pace gets him out of trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, top4718 said:

I thought Saka looked a little lightweight at times but then he did set up two great chances (one of which led to the goal), I thought Kyle Walker was amazing, didn't put a foot wrong.

Agree, he was finding it tough given his stature, against very tall Danish players.

 

However, as you say, managed a few runs towards goal area, but wasn't his best game.

 

I'd like to see Foden have a run out, play with Sterling -for the City link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

X