Scc Council Tax Direct Debit

2 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

I've still no idea why people are panicking.

You cannot be alleged in arrears if the fault lies with the DD creditor failing to collect.

I think you're attributing a level of competence to the council that is a little optimistic.

Same for the banks.

As for me, I paid online on May 30th using the single Council Tax payment link, and the money left my account on 1st June.

3 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

I've still no idea why people are panicking.

You cannot be alleged in arrears if the fault lies with the DD creditor failing to collect.

Who is panicking? 🤔

Its a discussion on a forum about why they are late taking thousands of payments.

Edited by HeHasRisen

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Who is panicking? 🤔

Its a discussion on a forum about why they are late taking thousands of payments.

Hmmm... :huh:

... I'm not sure why it needs such a lengthy discussion though.

It's obviously the Government's fault for making all those nasty cuts to funding...

... so the council can't afford to employ competent people! :roll:

I suspect its more computer error rather than human error tbf.

Still nothing this morning.

Some news on this from The Star

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/politics/technical-failure-delays-more-than-ps10-million-in-council-tax-payments-3266642

So for those of us who should have paid on the 1st, it might be taken on the 23rd or it might not. It would have been nice of the council to contact us directly to let us know, at least an email to acknowledge that they are working on the problem, but personally I've heard nothing.

Edit to add : my online council tax is showing the June payment as "outstanding", they'd better not put this as a black mark against my credit score!

Edited by northernboy
Details about "oustanding" payment showing online

28 minutes ago, northernboy said:

Edit to add : my online council tax is showing the June payment as "outstanding", they'd better not put this as a black mark against my credit score!

You should be checking anyway your score on a regular basis

I don't think it is included on the credit scores unless of course you get taken to court.

Just now, Bigal1 said:

You should be checking anyway your score on a regular basis

I don't think it is included on the credit scores unless of course you get taken to court.

Correct, and even then if you pay a CCJ off within a month it will vanish. And they aren't going to litigate for the sake of one missed payment, and even if they did this is their own doing and would be laughed out the door by the judge.

Edited by HeHasRisen

I just contacted them again as I had an issue with the website not showing my annual bill that I've been trying to print off.

I also enquired about this months payment, as it's showing as Outstanding on the account. They told me I could do one of two options..
Either pay manually, or let it take a double payment next month. Decided to pay manual as I'm moving at the end of the month.

6 minutes ago, burghley said:

I just contacted them again as I had an issue with the website not showing my annual bill that I've been trying to print off.

I also enquired about this months payment, as it's showing as Outstanding on the account. They told me I could do one of two options..
Either pay manually, or let it take a double payment next month. Decided to pay manual as I'm moving at the end of the month.

Hmmm... :huh:

I bet you had a few on here frantically bashing their keyboards for a bit there... :hihi:

Still nothing taken so I assume its a double one next week.

21 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Still nothing taken so I assume its a double one next week.

Got letter today,

Double council tax to be taken 31st July.

Just now, Padders said:

Got letter today,

Double council tax to be taken 31st July.

Postman hasnt been yet, so will probably get the same. Thats fair enough then.