Scc Council Tax Direct Debit

13 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Why worry? DD involves the payee collecting (rather than the payer sending); so the payee is effectively estopped (precluded) from saying that there are arrears. The payee has power to clear them by merely collecting on the DD.

I think "worry" is the wrong word, more curiosity. 

Although if their systems have a bit of a meltdown and start sending out late payment letters, I may change my stance!

Still nothing taken as of this morning, their loss.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Still not taken today. 

Snap. See what Monday brings  

On 04/06/2021 at 13:46, HeHasRisen said:

Snap. See what Monday brings  

Still nothing.

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Still nothing.

Same here.  Maybe they don't need our money this month.

I managed to phone council this morning after my payment hadn't been taken (yet said it was processed 1st June on the self-service account), they told me there was an 'internal error' with their systems that's currently being investigated but no definite timescale to when payments will actually be taken...

If it doesn't go through soon, they will probably reissue bills dividing this month's payment between the rest of the payment months in the year - I think some people pay over 10 months and other have it divided by 12.

That's assuming it's sorted by the next payment date, of course.

A technical error means some Direct Debits that were due to be taken on 31 May and 1 June 2021 have not been made. We apologise if you have been affected by this and for the inconvenience it has caused.

You do not need to do anything. We will contact you if your Direct Debit has not been made.

For Direct Debits that were due to be taken on 7 June, we expect these will be made on Tuesday 8 June.

Update from the council website

I've still no idea why people are panicking.

You cannot be alleged in arrears if the fault lies with the DD creditor failing to collect.

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

I've still no idea why people are panicking.

You cannot be alleged in arrears if the fault lies with the DD creditor failing to collect.

Indeed. SCC took my DD then credited it back the same day. Budget-wise I just treat it as gone out.