Parkway Speed Limit.

16 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

At least the 50mph limit will make the pedestrian crossing point safer.

Ive never seen anyone use it. 

15 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Ive never seen anyone use it. 

So what?

I would imagine the locals aren't silly enough to use it on a regular basis and cutting the speed limit to 50 certainly wont change their minds either 

Edited by HeHasRisen

Round my way there's a few dual carriageways which were originally NSL but over the years have had their speeds reduced by 10mph every few years.  Now they're all 40 or 50.

I look forward to the revisioning upwards of speed limits on roads like this in 10+ years when pollution levels drop due to everyone switching to electric cars.

Yeah right.

8 hours ago, the_bloke said:

I look forward to the revisioning upwards of speed limits on roads like this in 10+ years when pollution levels drop due to everyone switching to electric cars.

Yeah right.

The hypocrisy in this country with regard to climate change is staggering, our public transport system is an expensive disgrace while today it was announced that companies are wanting staff to get back to working in the office for the 5 day week again so increasing road traffic back to ridiculous levels that will negate the ludicrous going 10mph slower on a short stretch of road a thousand fold.

Regarding  the 50mph, I do wonder if this is now the start  of a policy to be gradually rolled out across the uk by the ministry for transport on some roads?

For example:

Drivers frustration at new £336m road's  50mph plan.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-57615167

The Heads of the Valley road  has a history of speed related death and serious injury.

There are also many factors on this specific section of the A465 road that magnify day to day incidents into fatalities.

It should have been built to motorway standard from the start.

Over decades efforts have been made to make the road safer and increase capacity, however too many drivers have confused this with making a 'faster' road.

I remember it been mentioned numerous times, that there are no dangerous roads, only dangerous drivers. I believe it refers to "driving to the conditions".