Signing In And Out Of Sf.

Although I always tick to keep signed in to SF, when I leave then come on another time, I always have to sign in  again. Is anyone else having this problem ?

Could be a problem with the forum itself, contact t' 'elpdesk Pat :D 

15 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Although I always tick to keep signed in to SF, when I leave then come on another time, I always have to sign in  again. Is anyone else having this problem ?

Have same problem myself along with say Facebook / eBay etc so not unique to this forum 

You haven't changed any privacy settings in your browser? It's just a cookie so if you've told it to clear cookies when you close the browser that would do it.

20 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

Have same problem myself along with say Facebook / eBay etc so not unique to this forum 

I’ve never had problems with Facebook or Amazon, just SF.

15 minutes ago, probedb said:

You haven't changed any privacy settings in your browser? It's just a cookie so if you've told it to clear cookies when you close the browser that would do it.

No I haven’t changed any privacy settings in my browser, also haven’t told it to clear my cookies. It’s only been happening for the past two weeks, and was perfectly normal before that.

55 minutes ago, pattricia said:

The techy types will want to know if your on a PC or tablet and what browser you use.

13 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

The techy types will want to know if your on a PC or tablet and what browser you use.

I’m on a tablet ( or iPad as some call them ) but don’t know what my browser is. How do I find out ?

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... I understand that the forum is currently trialling a trainee robot whose job is to discourage the growing number of spammers that appear to be being attracted to the site.

Anyone with an above average post count and whose posts fall below a minimum level of tedium are currently being investigated by the forum algorithm, and are being forced to continually re-enter their details to hopefully act as a minor deterrent and make the individual think twice before posting rubbish on the forum.

Obviously, in this case, the robot has proved that it is not infallible... ;)

It’s funny but since I posted this it’s never happened again !

8 hours ago, pattricia said:

I’m on a tablet ( or iPad as some call them ) but don’t know what my browser is. How do I find out ?

Does the thing you click to get into the browser look like the Google logo? If so then it's Chrome :D 

I have the same issue occasionally on here, usually refreshing the page a couple of times makes it show me as logged in again

On 01/06/2021 at 20:35, Mr Allen said:

Does the thing you click to get into the browser look like the Google logo? If so then it's Chrome :D 

Found out it’s Safari. I thought it had stopped asking me to sign in each time, but it’s started again.