Social None Distancing In Sheffield

Will they relax social distancing on June 21st?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will they?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Ant68 said:

I caught a National Express coach yesterday - had to pre book and buy a ticket, couldn’t just turn up. So I assumed that they knew how many tickets had been sold and stopped when the coach was appropriately ‘safely’ filled up.

Every single seat was taken - seems the rules about social distancing is exempt already on trains (another non socially distanced trip) and coaches. It was ridiculous. 

Just to play devils advocate here, if you went and took a flight from (as an example) Manchester to Belfast at the moment you would be on a plane with in theory every single seat taken. Is that any different?

Ignoring the "legalities" of your trip (i dont even know if they are rules btw, arent they just guidelines?) normality has to resume at some point, how long do you propose we leave it?

Edited by HeHasRisen

Been none in Whitby today too, walked round during my dinner from work and it was the usual masses walking up the street and walking down with not that much room to get between, certainly nowhere near 2 metres

7 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Been none in Whitby today too, walked round during my dinner from work and it was the usual masses walking up the street and walking down with not that much room to get between, certainly nowhere near 2 metres

Its as if people are sick of it all after 14 and a half months, who knew?

With all due respect you chose to go to Whitby on a lovely Bank Holiday Sunday, a town with narrow streets and is crawling with people whenever the sun comes out, you pay yer money and take yer chances. I remember last year people on the telly moaning that Bournemouth beach was busy having travelled 100 miles to be there, utter hypocrisy. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Its as if people are sick of it all after 14 and a half months, who knew?

With all due respect you chose to go to Whitby on a lovely Bank Holiday Sunday, a town with narrow streets and is crawling with people whenever the sun comes out, you pay yer money and take yer chances.

technically i didnt choose, i was working...like i said ;)

Yes i missed that bit 🤣 the first line of my reply still stands though.

People need to make their own decision whether it ends on the 21st or not, ditch the masks and go out and get your lives back.

yes people are fed up of it, need some freedom, but surely the idiocy is putting it on the line...yet again by all going to the same places and cramming in, not doing social distancing, wearing masks, already seen people when scanning track and trace posters are pretending to scan and not really scanning

5 minutes ago, top4718 said:

People need to make their own decision whether it ends on the 21st or not, ditch the masks and go out and get your lives back.

Indeed.  And those who dont like it can stay locked up and let the rest of us get on with it, seems reasonable enough.

5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

yes people are fed up of it, need some freedom, but surely the idiocy is putting it on the line...yet again by all going to the same places and cramming in, not doing social distancing, wearing masks, already seen people when scanning track and trace posters are pretending to scan and not really scanning

I have never had the app at any point, there is no requirement to do so.  If people are doing that they may as well delete it.

8 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Indeed.  And those who dont like it can stay locked up and let the rest of us get on with it, seems reasonable enough.

I have never had the app at any point, there is no requirement to do so.  If people are doing that they may as well delete it.

me neither, i dont trust anything Dominic Cummings is involved in, BUT, the point is, its there for a reason, to trace where the virus is, I work in hospitality, we also take names and numbers manually, pretending to scan it does nothing, why not give your name and number? its supposed to protect people, again, lying, making the virus base expand just puts us into negatives again and further restrictions.

oh yeah and in hospitality there IS a requirement to, we get into trouble if we dont do track on trace on EVERY adult

Edited by melthebell

Easy enough to give a wrong name and/or number anyway, the whole system is creaking.

10 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Just to play devils advocate here, if you went and took a flight from (as an example) Manchester to Belfast at the moment you would be on a plane with in theory every single seat taken. Is that any different?

Ignoring the "legalities" of your trip (i dont even know if they are rules btw, arent they just guidelines?) normality has to resume at some point, how long do you propose we leave it?

Until the R rate is no longer rising and preferably until daily infections are nice and low and staying that way 

Isnt "nice and low" all rather subjective given its probably never going to be 0?

Edited by HeHasRisen