Social None Distancing In Sheffield

Will they relax social distancing on June 21st?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will they?

• Yes
    • No

Andrew Wakefield is a criminal, from memory there was dispute about his claims from the very start.

Likely has more deaths on his hand than Shipman due to his fraudulent " study".

If you have a look on More Four theres an programme on the anti vaxxers.

Wakefield features prominently.

26 minutes ago, top4718 said:

the internet is full of misinformation and you can find anything to suit your particular argument, the days of reliable news sources are gone.

That's the thing: you are holding a completely inconsistent position. On the one hand you're saying that we can't really be sure of anything, because media/internet etc. On the other hand, this thread has been chock full of you making sweeping statements of firm beliefs - about the extent of the pandemic, safety of vaccines, funding of NHS etc.

We can't be sure of anything, but the NHS is definitely not underfunded and is wasteful.

We can't be sure of anything, but the pandemic is definitely exaggerated.

We can't be sure of anything, but NHS staff are is definitely being bribed to lie/keep quiet.

We can't be sure of anything, but supermaket staff are definitely not catching coronavirus.

So which is it?

6 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... which brings us back to my original question - "How do we know who's telling porkies?".

Before this Wakefield guy (who I've never heard of) was struck off, he would presumably have been listened to because he was a respected 'medical professional' whose opinions we are being told we should believe.

Who knows how many more there might be like him out there who've not yet been 'struck off'? :confused:

The thing was, no one could replicate his findings ,he had fixed the sample.

Dr Yeadon if course said on Oct 16 2020 that the pandemic was effectively over and vaccines were not needed to end it .

Most of the deaths in the UK have happened post Oct 16.

Edited by butlers

Well well the nurse I spoke of earlier is back in the news.

Anti-vax nurse who spread fake COVID theories comparing NHS to Nazis struck off

https://flip.it/wy.BcK

25 minutes ago, butlers said:

Well well the nurse I spoke of earlier is back in the news.

Anti-vax nurse who spread fake COVID theories comparing NHS to Nazis struck off

https://flip.it/wy.BcK

Crackpot wannabe media star 

Yes but she has followers  who somehow have convinced themselves she's of sound mind.

Birds of a feather etc.

First Twitter search ..

Edited by butlers

1 minute ago, butlers said:

Yes but she has followers  who somehow have convinced themselves she's of sound mind.

Birds of a feather etc.

Some of these people have followers that I wouldnt trust to sit the right way round on a toilet .

Oh and it turns out she introduced Andrew Wakefield ( struck off medical register) as he spoke via video link from the US to the crowd  in Trafalgar Sq.  last summer.

She's quite keen on anti sematic tropes too.

These are the anti vax leading lights.

5 hours ago, dave_the_m said:

That's the thing: you are holding a completely inconsistent position. On the one hand you're saying that we can't really be sure of anything, because media/internet etc. On the other hand, this thread has been chock full of you making sweeping statements of firm beliefs - about the extent of the pandemic, safety of vaccines, funding of NHS etc.

We can't be sure of anything, but the NHS is definitely not underfunded and is wasteful.

We can't be sure of anything, but the pandemic is definitely exaggerated.

We can't be sure of anything, but NHS staff are is definitely being bribed to lie/keep quiet.

We can't be sure of anything, but supermaket staff are definitely not catching coronavirus.

So which is it?

I worked on the rebuild of Fieldhead Hospital in Wakefield as a project manager, I've seem the appalling waste and mismanagement first hand.

A pandemic where I don't know personally or know anyone who knows anyone thats suffered badly is over a year doesn't wash for me

Its a fact that NHS staff are told not to publish anything on social media, people who do are censored, try typing an anti covid or anti vax comment on Facebook and see what happens

My partner works in Morrisons, they have had no wholesale staff shortages due to Covid illnesses despite being some of the most exposed in society

Not overreaching but I've lived by my intuition this far and I'll trust it in this case

2 hours ago, top4718 said:

I worked on the rebuild of Fieldhead Hospital in Wakefield as a project manager, I've seem the appalling waste and mismanagement first hand.

A pandemic where I don't know personally or know anyone who knows anyone thats suffered badly is over a year doesn't wash for me

Its a fact that NHS staff are told not to publish anything on social media, people who do are censored, try typing an anti covid or anti vax comment on Facebook and see what happens

My partner works in Morrisons, they have had no wholesale staff shortages due to Covid illnesses despite being some of the most exposed in society

Not overreaching but I've lived by my intuition this far and I'll trust it in this case

I am glad you have shared your sources for your 'intuition'.

Can you not agree that the validity of your second hand sources it is very limited when compared with the first hand experience of hundreds of thousands of sufferers and the millions who have direct evidence of  suffering and death?