Social None Distancing In Sheffield

Will they relax social distancing on June 21st?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will they?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

NHS staff are warned to put nothing on social media, yes the virus is out there but its effects have been greatly exaggerated by the media, unfortunately the brainwashing appears to have worked.

Throughout this thread you haven't come up with a single  reason (let alone a good reason) why all this is happening and how they're getting away with it. So, NHS staff are "warned" not to put anything on social media. Warned by who, and with what consequence? You're fully aware that people can post anonymously, right? There are tens of thousands of NHS staff working in and around Sheffield, many of whom are on forums like this one. Yet not a single one has anonymously come on this thread an said something to the effect that "top4718 is right, the whole thing is an exaggerrated lie, I should know - I work in a hospital, and we've never had more than the usual number of patients with respiratory illnesses, the intensive care wards have been no busier than usual etc". Not one. Not a single one. Either there is the hugest biggest most fantastic conspiracy going on the the world has ever known, or maybe - just maybe - it's possible that personal experience and anecdote turns out to be not such a good guide to things.

1 hour ago, dave_the_m said:

Throughout this thread you haven't come up with a single  reason (let alone a good reason) why all this is happening and how they're getting away with it. So, NHS staff are "warned" not to put anything on social media. Warned by who, and with what consequence? You're fully aware that people can post anonymously, right? There are tens of thousands of NHS staff working in and around Sheffield, many of whom are on forums like this one. Yet not a single one has anonymously come on this thread an said something to the effect that "top4718 is right, the whole thing is an exaggerrated lie, I should know - I work in a hospital, and we've never had more than the usual number of patients with respiratory illnesses, the intensive care wards have been no busier than usual etc". Not one. Not a single one. Either there is the hugest biggest most fantastic conspiracy going on the the world has ever known, or maybe - just maybe - it's possible that personal experience and anecdote turns out to be not such a good guide to things.

We get a headline saying they're overworked and underpaid every single winter, they're hardly going to come out and say we're all sat with our feet up. It's not biggest conspiracy it's just been wildly exaggerated. People can post anonymously but you must be aware that all social media platforms especially Facebook and Twitter are censoring any output that doesn't toe the party line, many detractors have been deplatformed inc the ex POTUS.  Why would they need to do this?

Edited by top4718

Well if say they said the vaccine causes autism and infertility ( Dr Adil)

Or that covid does not exist ,there no evidence and NO vaccines work like that other ex nurse who is now a leading light in the anti vax " movement"

Or the nurse in Scotland who said the vaccine is a Nazi like plot to depopulate the earth.

Because such lies have consequences.

5 minutes ago, butlers said:

Well if say they said the vaccine causes autism and infertility ( Dr Adil)

Or that covid does not exist ,there no evidence and NO vaccines work like that other ex nurse who is now a leading light in the anti vax " movement"

Or the nurse in Scotland who said the vaccine is a Nazi like plot to depopulate the earth.

Because such lies have consequences.

There's still no proof either way whether the vaccine will have any long term effects, many NHS staff are refusing to have it, say it did cause issues in the future what would you think to the silencing of people who spoke out about it then? Its a very dangerous precedent.

The vaccine is trialed and passed as safe by multiple agencies.

They under constant scrutiny by

scientists the world over .

Last number I saw was 93 percent of frontline nhs staff are vaxcinated.

Edited by butlers

20 minutes ago, butlers said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... which in itself is a bit of a worry.

I wonder what reason the 7% can have for not getting vaccinated? :confused:

22 minutes ago, butlers said:

Its been passed but won't finish clinical trials for a good while yet, long term effects are totally unknown.

7 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Its been passed but won't finish clinical trials for a good while yet, long term effects are totally unknown.

Whereas the long-term effects of unchecked coronvirus are well-known:  1% of the population dead, and many more with debilitating long-term health issues. Anyway, we've had millions of people vaccinated for several months now, and with fatalities measured in the 1-in-million range.  We know that having the vaccine is thousands of times safer than having coronavirus.

Actually if you have a google typically unknown side effects occur within two months.

What's also true is the same side effect would happen in even greater numbers per 100,000 if the person had had whatever the disease was.

There's likely now been  a billion plus doses of vaccine given ?

Anyway you must have forgotten my question at what point would you consider it a pandemic?

As I listed places I was getting my information could you return the favour out of curiosity

Edited by butlers

13 minutes ago, butlers said:

Actually if you have a google typically unknown side effects occur within two months.

What's also true is the same side effect would happen in even greater numbers per 100,000 if the person had had whatever the disease was.

There's likely now been  a billion plus doses of vaccine given ?

Anyway you must have forgotten my question at what point would you consider it a pandemic?

As I listed places I was getting my information could you return the favour out of curiosity

Long term side effects could take years to come to the surface, no matter how you try to word it the vaccine is still in an experimental phase so the the data is totally unknown, if you're happy to risk that go ahead, I won't be.

I'd consider it a pandemic when I'm aware of it without the media having to tell me its happening. I know of one person that's been hospitalised in 15 months.

20 minutes ago, dave_the_m said:

Whereas the long-term effects of unchecked coronvirus are well-known:  1% of the population dead, and many more with debilitating long-term health issues. Anyway, we've had millions of people vaccinated for several months now, and with fatalities measured in the 1-in-million range.  We know that having the vaccine is thousands of times safer than having coronavirus.

1% of the population of where dead?

Edited by top4718

More good news 50% of all adults now had both doses and up to 75 % have had one.

Wales is flying at 87percent which is second highest in the world

Edited by butlers