Social None Distancing In Sheffield

Will they relax social distancing on June 21st?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will they?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, birobasher said:

It illustrates that masks do actually work. As does hand sanitising: incidents of norovirus and food poisoning have also dropped away since measures began. Your immune system can deal with cold viruses because a) they're not nearly so serious as Sars-Covid19 and b) it already has resistance to varying degrees. Covid is a completely new virus that no one in the world has any experience of or immunity to. Even 'flu needs new vaccines every winter to cope with the dominant strain. Same with Covid. 

Food poisoning may have dropped because hardly anyone had been eating out for over a year or gone abroad 🙄

People are recovering from it quite easily, only elderly, vulnerable people have anything to really fear and they are all vaccinated.

6 minutes ago, butlers said:

Stop bringing facts to the " argument"

Sorry, what was I thinking!  😁

3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Food poisoning may have dropped because hardly anyone had been eating out for over a year or gone abroad 🙄

People are recovering from it quite easily, only elderly, vulnerable people have anything to really fear and they are all vaccinated.

All the vulnerable are not  fully vaccinated. A lot of people have one dose, but that's not enough. It also depends what you mean by 'recovering'.  I have friends and work colleagues younger than me with debilitating long covid symptoms, months after the virus has supposedly run its course.

Edited by birobasher

There was a report the other day from ONS  that 70 plus percent of adults might now have antibodies..

Seems good news.

4 minutes ago, birobasher said:

Sorry, what was I thinking!  😁

All the vulnerable are not  fully vaccinated. A lot of people have one dose, but that's not enough. It also depends what you mean by 'recovering'.  I have friends and work colleagues younger than me with debilitating long covid symptoms, months after the virus has supposedly run its course.

The vulnerable can also risk assess their own circumstances, have we really got into such a nanny state as this?

I work in construction where’s there’s been no masks, no social distancing, cleanliness is not great, I know of 3 mild cases since last March and non since last September.

1 minute ago, butlers said:

There was a report the other day from ONS  that 70 plus percent of adults might now have antibodies..

Seems good news.

It is, though preferably from vaccination as much as having had the disease. The post covid immunity only seems to last a few months 

That's because other people are taking measures and protecting you! 

That's news to me about such short lived naturally immunity,will have to go have a read up on that.

Think C4 have a programme about the anti vaccine people on Tuesday evening.

Andrew Wakefield getting a dishonourable mention

New York Times did a bit on immunity couple if days back and it's improving news.

3 more studies.

And trending to a longer lasting effect in people who have been infected.

6 minutes ago, butlers said:

New York Times did a bit on immunity couple if days back and it's improving news.

3 more studies.

And trending to a longer lasting effect in people who have been infected.

Fingers crossed then.

At a quick read natural immunity is longer lasting than by vaccine and indication s it 8 month to maybe over a year

Everything changes from day to day. Eventually we will be able to have one vaccination instead of two against Covid each year, like the flu jab.

What they need to do is a full investigation into how the virus originally started, where, and how it leaked out.

I think from memory SARS-COVID1 had a 70 percent death rate which gives pause for thought.

Great doc on BBC that in south east Asia farmers set up artificial bat roosts and collect the guano as fertilizer.

3 hours ago, butlers said:

At a quick read natural immunity is longer lasting than by vaccine and indication s it 8 month to maybe over a year

That's interesting about acquired immunity, unfortunately you still have to suffer the disease to get it! 

It may be instructive to know exactly how the pandemic started - if indeed it's possible to discover that - because it can inform how we fight the virus. I'm not interested in apportioning blame though. That's a luxury best saved for after we've got control.