Social None Distancing In Sheffield

Will they relax social distancing on June 21st?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will they?

• Yes
    • No

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x4879839fae25e559%3A0x97c96fba8bfe1e38!3m1!7e115!5sGoogle Search!15sCgIgAQ&hl=en&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipMYeIqmM1jIHVhjD6gPG2sP_E38nhYdbu4CBuBb

There is an image flying round today of a comedy night above a pub in Sheffield at the weekend which massively violated COVID 19 restrictions in terms of social distancing. The compere is bent down talking to a man who only about two feet from him, and the stage is right next to the first table. No matter what you think of the rights and wrongs of lockdown and distancing, it's just things like this that will let them lock us down for ever isn't it?

Will it buggery. 

I hope so, but it's looking increasingly unlikely because of the Indian thing :(

Not a chance.

Our masters have us on a leash, theres no way they are going to let go of that leash. Social distancing is here to stay...

19 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

I hope so, but it's looking increasingly unlikely because of the Indian thing :(

The "Indian variant" does not exist. Its made up. Even the Indian government have filed protests telling news outlets and governments around the globe to stop referring to an Indian variant.

https://www.businessinsider.com/india-social-media-told-remove-posts-indian-variant-covid-19-2021-5?op=1&r=US&IR=T

Edited by The_DADDY

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Not a chance.

Our masters have us on a leash, theres no way they are going to let go of that leash. Social distancing is here to stay...

The "Indian variant" does not exist. Its made up. Even the Indian government have filed protests telling news outlets and governments around the globe to stop referring to an Indian variant.

https://www.businessinsider.com/india-social-media-told-remove-posts-indian-variant-covid-19-2021-5?op=1&r=US&IR=T

The variant exists, there was one that originated in Kent, why aren't you telling us that's fake too? Never attribute to conspiracy what can safely be attributed to incompetence. The government should have stopped flights from India weeks ago when the variant was starting to arrive in the UK. But seemingly Johnson wanted to go on a trade visit to India in order to sign a post Brexit trade deal,  right up to the last minute.  The new variant is more easily transmissible via the air. The vaccines aren't defeated by it, but they're less effective. Now we're in a race to vaccinate as many as possible so as to prevent a surge in hospitalisations. It makes my head spin that people still think this government has a clue what they're doing. 

2 hours ago, Sheffieldbee said:

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x4879839fae25e559%3A0x97c96fba8bfe1e38!3m1!7e115!5sGoogle Search!15sCgIgAQ&hl=en&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipMYeIqmM1jIHVhjD6gPG2sP_E38nhYdbu4CBuBb

There is an image flying round today of a comedy night above a pub in Sheffield at the weekend which massively violated COVID 19 restrictions in terms of social distancing. The compere is bent down talking to a man who only about two feet from him, and the stage is right next to the first table. No matter what you think of the rights and wrongs of lockdown and distancing, it's just things like this that will let them lock us down for ever isn't it?

Looking at it, that's more than two feet, plus the perspective suggests a bit of foreshortening. The audience members are spaced out properly and it may have only been a momentary thing. 

6 minutes ago, birobasher said:

The variant exists, there was one that originated in Kent, why aren't you telling us that's fake too? 

Yup. Fake just like the "safe vaccine". 

You do know the "vaccine" is still in trials until 2023 don't you? 

What am I saying, of course you know it's still in trials until 2023

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Which one, there are a number of vaccines?

What's the nature of the trials?

Edited by Bargepole23

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

No vaccine is 100% effective or completely without risk. In the case of the Astro Zeneca jab, the blood clot issue is extremely rare, set against the number of people who've been vaccinated. You're far more likely to get blood clots from air travel, the contraceptive pill, other medications. But do you know what has a massive risk of blood clots? Catching COVID19. It's a question of which is the bigger risk, and the vaccine is the smallest. 

1 minute ago, Bargepole23 said:

Which one, there are a number of vaccines?

What's the nature of the trials?

I think 'Daddy' is part of the clan that doesn't believe novel coronaviruses can jump the species barrier and spread across the world.  He's talking about the very rare blood clot issue with the Astro Zeneca jab. 

1 hour ago, birobasher said:

He's talking about the very rare blood clot issue with the Astro Zeneca jab. 

No. Im talking about the fact the "vaccines" don't finish trials until 2023. Until then, If you've had it then you are taking part in an experiment. In fact you Are the experiment.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

No. Im talking about the fact the "vaccines" don't finish trials until 2023. Until then, If you've had it then you are taking part in an experiment. In fact you Are the experiment.

There's the small matter of a pandemic to deal with: it was an achievement to get the vaccines ready in as short a time as they did. But they weren't from scratch: research into coronaviruses of many different types is ongoing, that's why the vaccines could be developed. Science doesn't end, or reach a full stop. Even now, the vaccines are being adapted to deal with mutations and variants. The aim is public health, not 'experiments' or some sinister plot. 

I caught a National Express coach yesterday - had to pre book and buy a ticket, couldn’t just turn up. So I assumed that they knew how many tickets had been sold and stopped when the coach was appropriately ‘safely’ filled up.

Every single seat was taken - seems the rules about social distancing is exempt already on trains (another non socially distanced trip) and coaches. It was ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Ant68 said:

I caught a National Express coach yesterday - had to pre book and buy a ticket, couldn’t just turn up. So I assumed that they knew how many tickets had been sold and stopped when the coach was appropriately ‘safely’ filled up.

Every single seat was taken - seems the rules about social distancing is exempt already on trains (another non socially distanced trip) and coaches. It was ridiculous. 

Ohhhh dear. Not getting a coach for a while then. If I have to take a train I think I'll stand in the vestibules. Money trumps everything doesn't it? Even safety.