First 'Self Driving' Bus Launches In Uk

Link

First self driving Bus launches in Cambridge, England.

Thoughts?

I wonder if it can understand hand signals, like this middle finger?  *

Edited by Thirsty Relic
lost emoji - can't resize it either!

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, Mr Allen said:

Link

First self driving Bus launches in Cambridge, England.

Thoughts?

Shouldn’t that be “boat”?

14 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I wonder if it can understand hand signals, like this middle finger?  *

Ha... I tried it too 😢

Edited by The_DADDY

Are you people simply incapable of NOT trolling every time I do a topic? :rant: :loopy: 

It's a BUS! Read the damn link!

1 hour ago, sibon said:

Shouldn’t that be “boat”?

I was just thinking that myself.

Impressive as the advances in technology are, I don't understand why they cannot design an electric vehicle that doesn't look like it's been lifted straight from the pages of some kids drawings.

Almost every single eCar, bus or other type of e-vehicle seems to have some absolutely bizarre angles, points, quirky shapes, ridiculous interiors, impractical doors, computer game style dashboard systems, gimmick filled central consoles.....

All no doubt adds lots of pounds to the price tag and in my view, generally puts off your average man on the street consumer who just want a half decent reasonably priced run around to get them from A to B which actually looks like a normal car but they can just get in and drive without 101 apps to download and a degree in computer sciences.

I suspect scaling it up bus and truck companies must also be thinking the very same.

1 hour ago, Mr Allen said:

Are you people simply incapable of NOT trolling every time I do a topic? :rant: :loopy: 

It's a BUS! Read the damn link!

No one's trolling you so try not being so sensitive. 

I'm assuming the boat reference is regarding Cambridges famous rowing boat team. 

Edited by The_DADDY
Spelling mistake

A serious weakness of these devices are the inability to detect, predict and respond to people, families, bikes and students.

Cambridge has all of these in spades.

Surely the concrete bus would have been a better vehicle to adapt and test out. 

A bus made of concrete , please tell us more 

Saw a dude in a self-driving Tesla, asleep at the wheel on motorway (doing motorway speeds). Car was changing lanes etc on its own!

Anyhow, he was pulled over by the police, apparently this being asleep at the wheel isn’t safe.

Once all cars are self driving, people will be sleeping at the wheel, and it’ll probably be a lot safer than if people were awake and driving.

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

I was just thinking that myself.

Impressive as the advances in technology are, I don't understand why they cannot design an electric vehicle that doesn't look like it's been lifted straight from the pages of some kids drawings.

Almost every single eCar, bus or other type of e-vehicle seems to have some absolutely bizarre angles, points, quirky shapes, ridiculous interiors, impractical doors, computer game style dashboard systems, gimmick filled central consoles.....

All no doubt adds lots of pounds to the price tag and in my view, generally puts off your average man on the street consumer who just want a half decent reasonably priced run around to get them from A to B which actually looks like a normal car but they can just get in and drive without 101 apps to download and a degree in computer sciences.

I suspect scaling it up bus and truck companies must also be thinking the very same.

Bring back the Travant.

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

No one's trolling you so try not being so sensitive. 

I'm assuming the boat reference is regarding Cambridges famous rowing boat team. 

You might be right, but I thought it was because it looks like a boat.